Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Granted it won't be the same Affleck from Daredevil, I don't think this will be awful. I'm definitely not excited about it, but that can change over time.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know when Man of Steel will be out on DVD?

Didn't people think Heath Ledger as The Joker would suck donkey balls? Look at how that turned out.

People thought the Fantastic Four film would suck, look how that turned out. People thought Vinnie Jones would be awful as Juggernaut, look how that turned out. People thought Ryan Reynolds would make a shitty Hal Jordan, George Clooney would make a shitty Batman and people thought Sucker Punch would be good.

People didn't like Heath Ledger as The Joker because he hadn't done a single thing to indicate he was capable of pulling off the role. Outside of Brokeback Mountain, he'd barely done anything to indicate he was anything more than generic heartthrob. Then it turned out he just needed the right material and the right director to knock it out of the park.

That's a pretty big difference from what we have here. I'm fairly certain we've seen Affleck's range, the guy has been in 30+ movies and none of them made anyone think "Yep, he's Batman." Look to Daredevil to see him attempt an intimidating superhero, the results aren't pretty. It's never a good thing when you cast someone who would have fit perfectly into Joel Schumacher's 3rd Batman film.

I hope I'm wrong and he does a great job. I'm just not optimistic. The guy just won an Best Picture Oscar for a film he directed, now he's going to be directed by Zack Synder, playing a character who we've just seen portrayed in probably the best way he'll ever get portrayed. They're chasing a silver medal here, and I have a feeling that's exactly what it's going to feel like.

• Like 3

Didn't people think Heath Ledger as The Joker would suck donkey balls? Look at how that turned out.

People thought the Fantastic Four film would suck, look how that turned out. People thought Vinnie Jones would be awful as Juggernaut, look how that turned out. People thought Ryan Reynolds would make a shitty Hal Jordan, George Clooney would make a shitty Batman and people thought Sucker Punch would be good.

People didn't like Heath Ledger as The Joker because he hadn't done a single thing to indicate he was capable of pulling off the role. Outside of Brokeback Mountain, he'd barely done anything to indicate he was anything more than generic heartthrob. Then it turned out he just needed the right material and the right director to knock it out of the park.

That's a pretty big difference from what we have here. I'm fairly certain we've seen Affleck's range, the guy has been in 30+ movies and none of them made anyone think "Yep, he's Batman." Look to Daredevil to see him attempt an intimidating superhero, the results aren't pretty. It's never a good thing when you cast someone who would have fit perfectly into Joel Schumacher's 3rd Batman film.

I hope I'm wrong and he does a great job. I'm just not optimistic. The guy just won an Best Picture Oscar for a film he directed, now he's going to be directed by Zack Synder, playing a character who we've just seen portrayed in probably the best way he'll ever get portrayed. They're chasing a silver medal here, and I have a feeling that's exactly what it's going to feel like.

My point wasn't about how casting can be poor. It was about how it can be a stroke of genius.

Netflix messed up a bit this week and I didn't get Iron-Man 2 so I watched Thor instead. Really good. I liked it. Not as much as Iron-Man but I still liked it.

It's the way I type Spider-Man so I sometimes end up typeing others like that if they're not together like Superman.