2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

• Admin

"This night could be the making of David De Gea"

Well not really. The media will still crucify him and the United fans will continue to love him.

The fact is, he makes saves like tonight all the time. Most of them don't even surprise me anymore, because his shot stopping is second to none in the world. And that's not an exaggeration. Yes, he could be better at claiming high balls but the fact is that he's always going to be up against bigger and stronger players, therefore it makes it harder for him. Yes, he's also unorthodox when he comes to kicking stuff away, but he still keeps the damn thing out.

Oh and our last unorthodox goalkeeper, yeah he's the one in the Sky studio. Half decent keeper he was, I think his name was Schmeichel.

No, that was the dog on Coronation Street.

"This night could be the making of David De Gea"

Well not really. The media will still crucify him and the United fans will continue to love him.

The fact is, he makes saves like tonight all the time. Most of them don't even surprise me anymore, because his shot stopping is second to none in the world. And that's not an exaggeration. Yes, he could be better at claiming high balls but the fact is that he's always going to be up against bigger and stronger players, therefore it makes it harder for him. Yes, he's also unorthodox when he comes to kicking stuff away, but he still keeps the damn thing out.

Oh and our last unorthodox goalkeeper, yeah he's the one in the Sky studio. Half decent keeper he was, I think his name was Schmeichel.

A lot of people need to understand that he's still ridiculously young. Yes, he is going to make mistakes and he will get slaughtered for it, but he has made some impressive stops and kept us in a lot of games this season and towards the end of last. As a fan, watching De Gea handle situations like corners makes me very nervous because 9/10 he's not convincing and it can lead to trouble for us.

And on the Sergio Ramos comment, couldn't agree more that he is the biggest cunt in football. Can't stand the prick

• Admin

Celtic manager Neil Lennon says the club will seek "clarification" from Uefa on the refereeing in Tuesday's Champions League defeat by Juventus.

Juventus and Celtic players constantly clashed at the Scottish side's set-pieces, with Spanish referee Alberto Undiano Mallenco refusing to award a penalty. "We will compile a DVD, send it to Uefa and see what kind of answers we get," says Lennon.

Let it go, Neil...