The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

I don't see why Star Wars Episode VII (Adrian's Revenge) would be another prequel GhostMachine...

Though I wouldn't mind a look into Han Solo's story leading up to ANH. As an animated miniseries or something, I mean.

Juat out of curiosity, who would you like to see do Han Solo's voice? If it wasn't for the fact I associate him too much with Cowboy Bebop and The Big O, I'd go with Steve Blum.

Harrison Ford.

• Like 2

I don't see why Star Wars Episode VII (Adrian's Revenge) would be another prequel GhostMachine...

Though I wouldn't mind a look into Han Solo's story leading up to ANH. As an animated miniseries or something, I mean.

Juat out of curiosity, who would you like to see do Han Solo's voice? If it wasn't for the fact I associate him too much with Cowboy Bebop and The Big O, I'd go with Steve Blum.

Harrison Ford.

No way he'd do it, which is why I asked. He even tried to get Lucas to kill Han Solo off and apparently didn't really like playing the character. What's going to change his mind now?

• Like 1

Harrison Ford.

No way he'd do it, which is why I asked. He even tried to get Lucas to kill Han Solo off and apparently didn't really like playing the character. What's going to change his mind now?

Money?

• Like 2

If they actually do an Episode 7 (I suck at Roman numerals), and it takes place between III and IV, then I hope the opening scene is Vader attacking some Jedis, Jar Jar shows up, and Vader kills him with his lightsaber.

Except that Jar Jar is in Return Of The Jedi, so, yeah, that's not going to happen.

If they actually do an Episode 7 (I suck at Roman numerals), and it takes place between III and IV, then I hope the opening scene is Vader attacking some Jedis, Jar Jar shows up, and Vader kills him with his lightsaber.

You know what, 3.5 needs to happen now. Vader just fucking shit up would be amazing.

I'm pretty sure that that live-action TV series that has never happened was supposed to be essentially Episode 3.5, as a bridge between "Revenge of the Sith" and "A New Hope."

Again, what I said about Darth Maul - he's a nothing character. Ooooh, he looks cool and has a two-sided lightsaber. Who is he? Why is the fight with him a big deal?

Wasn't the point of him that he was supposed to be mysterious? Two Jedi get randomly attacked (when they were supposed to be off the grid) by a guy trained expertly in the Jedi Arts which sets up the plot point for the entire prequels that the Sith, long thought extinct have returned and now the Jedi have to contend with whether the guy was the master or apprentice.

Didn't he say for years that he didn't want to pay Indiana Jones again and eventually reprised that role in a that really crappy movie?

Except that Jar Jar is in Return Of The Jedi, so, yeah, that's not going to happen.

Jar Jar Binks has been edited into Return of the Jedi? What...?

Also, did anybody else like The Phantom Menace? I honestly contend if you watch the movie without any prejudice or ungodly expectations going in, it's a decent film and Liam Neeson is pretty good in it.

I have always liked it. And i've always found Jar Jar Binks to be entertaining. But I know i'm in the minority on the latter.

Things I have learnt from this thread include that Mick is awesome and Skummy is the worst. The actual worst.

Also I can't believe that the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is those people looking for serious enjoyment in silly movies has spread to Star Wars. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

EDIT: Machismo - he isn't, it's an unnamed Gungan.

Subtitles are usually wrong. All that bit with the Gungan shouting it was a sound editor throwing it in as a joke; Ahmed Best didn't say, and as he played Jar Jar, therefore it is not Jar Jar.

I imagine Jar-Jar was probably killed for his part in letting the Empire come to be anyway.

I believe he is still alive as of Coruscant's recapture?

As for why the subtitles are wrong: It's because they're done well after production of the movie and usually by someone not affiliated with those who make it. They're also not checked, in my experience.

The CGI Gungans celebrating are not a joke, the addition of the voice is.

HE HAD NO FATHER HOW WAS HE SUPPOSED TO LEARN NOT TO DO SHIT LIKE THAT.

Come on!

I didn't actually grow up with Star Wars, I knew of it but I didn't see any of the original trilogy until I was about 16/17.

Saw TPM when it came out. Didn't care for JarJar but I have to admit, I got a slight chuckle out of him taking command of the gungan army and then surrendering 5 seconds later.