Formula One 2013

Lineker

I was really impressed with Bottas' performance today, and I'm glad he's got a drive with Williams next year as he seems pretty talented. Plus he's not an arrogant tosser like Pastor Maldonado, which is a big plus in his favour. Speaking of Maldonado, I know he got blocked a couple of times but that doesn't explain how he was 18th and Bottas was fastest of everybody in Q1. It's surprising to see such a gulf in terms of performance between teammates, even if Pastor basically told his team to fuck off earlier in the week

• Admin
Abu Dhabi is poised to become the Formula 1 season finale in 2014 as part of a calendar reshuffle being planned by Bernie Ecclestone.
Although a provisional 22-race schedule was published by the FIA earlier this year, it is understood that several changes are being planned ahead of the calendar being finalised next month.
It had already become clear that neither New Jersey nor Mexico would remain on the schedule, and sources suggest that Ecclestone has also informed teams that Korea will also be absent. This will leave 19 races.
To accommodate the changes, Ecclestone has said that there will be a shuffling of dates - especially at the tail end of the season - which will result in Brazil losing its slot as the season finale.
Moving Abu Dhabi to the end of the season also means that teams can stay on afterwards for post-season testing.
It is also understood that despite calls from some teams for Ecclestone to move the Malaysian Grand Prix forward a week so it ran back-to-back with Australia - which is better for cost reasons - this has not happened.
The final 2014 F1 calendar will be finalised at the FIA's World Motor Sport Council meeting in Paris on December 6.
How the 2014 calendar could look:
March 16 Australia
March 30 Malaysia
April 6 Bahrain
April 20 China
May 11 Spain
May 25 Monaco
June 8 Canada
June 22 Austria
July 6 Great Britain
July 20 Germany (Hockenheim)
July 27 Hungary
August 24 Belgium
September 7 Italy
September 21 Singapore
October 5 Japan
October 12 Russia
October 26 USA
November 2 Brazil
November 16 Abu Dhabi

Australia should always start now, and they should go back to Adelaide and end it in Australia too :shifty:

But yeah, Brazil should be last, if anything it kinda works in the starting in the East and ending in the West way.

To be fair to when Bahrain started it was due to the Commonwealth Games being in the same city at the same time as the season opener rather than any political/financial reason.

• Admin

Maldonado is apparently in extremely advanced talks with Sauber. Can see them being a disaster next year. Perez has also hinted that his prospects have improved since last week.

The 2014 Pirelli tyres were supposed to be used in practice today but that effectively never happened due to the heavy rain - only Vettel managed a few laps on them.

You do get the feeling that maybe Lotus think they can get by with the ten million that Perez could bring, and hopefully recoup some of it with better performances than Maldonado could give.

On the other hand, you do wonder if Perez is as good as we thought he was. It might have just been that he got very lucky three times by sheer chance in 2012; Kamui was only 6 points behind him with 2 less podiums after all.

• Admin

After yesterday he actually managd to out-qualify Button 10-9 over the course of the whole season. That said, he will have a five-place grid penalty for the race after McLaren elected to change his gearbox. So he'll start 19th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBu3dSXUxLo

Looks like Chilton has a strong chance of keeping his seat. If he drives next year and Di Riesta doesn't it will be the perfect example of what F1 has become.

Also if you're bored like I frequently am there's a website with direct links to all the highlights programmes the BBC website have put up over the last few years:

http://www.huwselby.com/f1/f1vids.htm

Vettel deserves the plaudits and I don't mind him winning all the time. However, dear god the rules changes next season can't come fast enough. This has been the worst F1 season since I started watching, and bear in mind I sat through five seasons of Schumacher dominating. No one was even challenging Vettel. The moment he got away in the first lap (or beginning of the second lap today) for the past few months, the race was over. I'm annoyed no one named 'Red Bull' could put out a decent car.

We'll see what happens in March. Last time there were significant rule changes, TAFKA Honda suddenly became the best car and gave us one of the best seasons in memory.