PlayStation Meeting 2013

deli

Yeah. I find that people are being really jaded and somewhat selective about the PS4 announcements. Like I said, I saw a lot of "OMG they're just stealing [x] from [other company]!!", whilst ignoring the announcements about video and screenshot sharing, the capability to stream directly from the PS4 (if I understood that right), etc.

The share feature will also be incredibly useful for FAQ videos.

But if you thought Farmville made Facebook annoying...

I'm jaded about the whole next gen process until I know that used games will still exist, I won't need an always on connection and games will still be on some form of physical media.

We need to start wildly speculating about silly mini games we'll play if Watch Dogs has multiplayer.

My idea is to have everyone go stand at a crossroads and then have the 'ref' hack the traffic lights. Last person not run over during the ensuing chaos wins.

I have to admit, I am a bit skeptical of the share button because I'm afraid that it's just going to turn into a bunch of TOTALLY SIIIIIICK 360 NO SCOPE KILLZ clogging my news feed. >_>

Nerdist has a pretty good round-up of the conference.

Estimated price point is apparently $350-400, but both articles cited have models at $400+.

We need to start wildly speculating about silly mini games we'll play if Watch Dogs has multiplayer.

My idea is to have everyone go stand at a crossroads and then have the 'ref' hack the traffic lights. Last person not run over during the ensuing chaos wins.

Commercial passenger jet darts. First one to crash a 747 on the other person's face wins.

We can share in game content which is awesome, but will they be limited to two minute snippets, or was a video length specified?

15 minutes I think. The Killzone footage was stated as being uploaded straight to their FB from the demo unit and that's near 8 minutes so it would seem it's at least that.

One thing about the remote play...

To control a game on someone else's PS4 for them, do you need to own that game too?

And also, considering the PS4 games will be playable on the vita via remote play, will that mean the vita will be getting full releases of some of those games too?

My PS3 Watch Dogs dream has been crushed. :crying:

Highly unlikely I'll be able to afford PS4 for a while and I've got sooooo many PS3 games that it looks like I'll be trudging along with my trusty console for a time yet.

Though I say that but I picked up the PS1, PS2 and PS3 within a couple of months of launch each time. :shifty:

Sony has the upper hand in the race to win me over. Let's see what Microsoft bring, if they spend half the reveal talking about how it's a 'home entertainment system for your living room' or whatever I'll be very annoyed. Loved how Sony focused on games. Nice to see no 'always on' tech or anti-used games.

• Like 1

My PS3 Watch Dogs dream has been crushed. :crying:

Highly unlikely I'll be able to afford PS4 for a while and I've got sooooo many PS3 games that it looks like I'll be trudging along with my trusty console for a time yet.

Though I say that but I picked up the PS1, PS2 and PS3 within a couple of months of launch each time. :shifty:

But it hasnt Hammy! :D The Watch Dogs guy was on the gametrailers post show and he said it will also be on PS3! :w00t:

• Like 1