Characters you hate (that you aren't supposed to)

Benji

Is arwrestling a character we are supposed to like? :angry:

Don't worry, he's being written out very soon.

arwrestling has to go now, his planet needs him.

(arwrestling died on the way to his home planet.)

• Like 12

I find Ted from HIMYM and JD from Scrubs have the same problem. They're the narrators, they're naturally biased, and they're also obsessed with finding "the one", to the point where they go from likeable and you can empathise with them, to the point where they become whiny "nice guys". They're the guys who think that because they're nice the world owes them love. They should wear fedoras.

I love JD but my God he was such a dick to every single one of Elliot's other partners. How many of their lives did he totally fuck with only to realise 5 minutes later that he didn't want Elliot and then dump her? Also he treated most of the other non-Elliot related women he dated, rather poorly.

Also I know she was never meant to be a fan favourite but were we ever supposed to like Milhouse's mother? I'd say probably not after she ditched the loveable loser Kirk but we probably weren't meant to actively hate her while she was just Milhouse's non-gladiator dating mother right?

Molly just said, the entire cast of Two and a Half Men.

So I tried finding characters I hate that I'm supposed to like in shows I love, and I came up with:

- Cameron in Modern Family. I just can't stand him sometimes, especially when Mitchell has a more practical way of doing something and we still have to listen to Cameron's diva methods. And the worst is when we suddenly find out that Mitchell's way is in fact, not practical, which feels a lot like it's being shoehorned inside the story just so we feel that Cameron and Mitch are always on the same level.

- Jon Snow in Game Of Thrones. I not so much as hate him as I disliked him in Season 2, where he was really whiny and then he became really stupid with the Wildling girl.

- Frank and Monica in Shameless. God, I want to kill them, repeatedly. I know it's meant to be realistic and most of the time funny, but I really can't stand these two. Oh, and I would have gladly shot Lip in Season 2.

- Everyone that isn't Gannicus and Oenomaus in Spartacus. God, they all make really irritating decisions that make me want to stomp on them, especially with the current plotline they have going.

I love that Hershell is Rick, but in this season Hershell is being the voice of reason to Rick.

How does that work exactly, arwrestling? HOW?

Because Rick is behaving towards Tyrese and Michone, primary examples

anyways, in the exact same way that Hershel initially acted towards Rick

and the gang in S2. And yes while Hershel is Rick's voice of reason

this season, Rick was without a doubt Hershel's voice of reason in S2.

Both did very stupid and crazy things and made some dangerous decisions that

put everyone around them a risk. And why? Both did it over their dead

wives. Are there differences between the two? Yes. But their characters

are extremely similar, i can't justify loving one and hating the other. I

feel like they both belong on the show, and actingwise both are good,

but that doesn't mean i love the characters.

Didnt think about spoilers... Fixed.

Edited by arwrestling

Luanne Van Houten is meant to be laughable, sometimes likable and sometimes not, much like Kirk and most - if not all - of Springfield and beyond.

I don't hate Cameron from Modern Family, but I'm glad you brought the show up:

Manny is the most insufferable little shit in all of television. I don't find his schtick cute or charming, I find it maddening.

Veronica Mars, for the first two seasons she was cool, but she just became such a bitch during the third season. Sheriff Lamb, on the other hand, :wub:

Margaret from Boardwalk Empire. Completely unlikeable, tries to come off like she's such a moral person, but acts just as badly as some of the other characters on the show.

Frank from Shameless. I'm kind of divided on this, he does a lot of funny things, but he's such a dick to his family, especially this season, that I can't stand him at times. Also, add Jimmy/Steve as well, just tired of the character, wouldn't mind it if he went away.

Kate, Sun, Jack and Locke from Lost are also people I got sick of. Locke was cool during the first season, but he just became so whiney and crazy later on, especially when they found the hatch. Kate and Sun were always annoying, and while he got better towards the end, Jack was just too unlikeable 90% of the time.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Veronica Mars, for the first two seasons she was cool, but she just became such a bitch during the third season, that I was hoping somebody would just knock the piss out of her. Sheriff Lamb, on the other hand, :wub:

oh god

• Like 1

OMG, yes, Jimmy from Shameless is an absolute deadbeat of a dick.

Also, I'm surprised TKz hasn't lamented about Penny from Happy Endings. Or did he and I just missed it?

Oh, I hate that woman. She's so annoying.

OMG, yes, Jimmy from Shameless is an absolute deadbeat of a dick.

Also, I'm surprised TKz hasn't lamented about Penny from Happy Endings. Or did he and I just missed it?

Oh, I hate that woman. She's so annoying.

And I hate you! :angry:

Veronica Mars, for the first two seasons she was cool, but she just became such a bitch during the third season, that I was hoping somebody would just knock the piss out of her. Sheriff Lamb, on the other hand, :wub:

Margaret from Boardwalk Empire. Completely unlikeable, tries to come off like she's such a moral person, but acts just as badly as some of the other characters on the show.

Frank from Shameless. I'm kind of divided on this, he does a lot of funny things, but he's such a dick to his family, especially this season, that I can't stand him at times. Also, add Jimmy/Steve as well, just tired of the character, wouldn't mind it if he went away.

Kate, Sun, Jack and Locke from Lost are also people I got sick of. Locke was cool during the first season, but he just became so whiney and crazy later on, especially when they found the hatch. Kate and Sun were always annoying, and while he got better towards the end, Jack was just too unlikeable 90% of the time.

Did I not watch season 3 of Veronica mars? Have no idea what you mean here. Also totally didnt mean to like this post. Meant to quote and wasn't paying attention.