2013 MLB Season Thread

The Buscher

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking 2014 might finally be the year they can start to make a playoff push. They have a ton of money coming off the books this year, were going to have Harvey, Wheeler, and d'Arnaud for a full season, with Syndergaard and Montero being midyear call-ups.

But if they're missing Harvey for most or all of 2014, I just don't see it. The Braves are stacked and the Nationals can't possibly be this mediocre next year.

While I'm always happy in February to finally get baseball started, I haven't truly had playoff expectations for the Mets since like 2010. I knew 2011-13 were going to basically just be there to try and set them on the right course while getting out from the horrendous contracts Minaya handed out. Harvey has been a joy to watch this season. I was going to go to the game on Thursday just to watch him pitch but now I probably won't bother. Glad I didn't get my tickets yet.

Alderson said there's still a chance he doesn't get TJS and that it's ultimately Harvey's call. But really, pretty much everybody who has tried to rehab without surgery ultimately got the surgery. I expect Harvey to get it.

I have to admit, I'm super happy that the Dodgers are doing as well as they are. However, this whole attitude in LA that they've basically won the title already has me really worried that it's going to cause the team's downfall in the end. Yeah, Kershaw and Greinke going in a playoff series is hard to beat, but this whole city is counting our chickens before they hatch.