2013 MLB Season Thread

The Buscher

Johnson went 2 innings in his last start. Then the bullpen got lit up. Then they got lit up the next game because they were tired and blew a 8-3 lead. Then they blew a 9th inning lead the game after that and gave up 5 in the 10th. Leaving him in was the right move. Now the bullpen can win them a game tomorrow.

So the other option then is to move Johnson to the bullpen to find his stuff and give someone a couple of spot starts.

The whole rotation has been bad this year, but Josh Johnson has been the bottom of the barrel. Either keep him on a very short leash, or move him to the bullpen temporarily.

Miguel Cabrera has played in the big leagues for over a decade and has only been ejected 4 times. I sincerely doubt that whatever he said warranted an ejection. Some umpires just get on a power trip whenever anybody questions them and don't see much of an issue with taking the game into their own hands.

Hopefully Chad Fairchild provides some sort of explanation after the game. But I doubt it.

The vast majority of umpires maintain quite a bit of professionalism in their work. I'm not sure what happened, as I wasn't there, and I wasn't watching, but I can almost guarantee Miguel didn't just say, "Oh, shucks, I thought that was a ball" and get thrown out.

Home-plate umpire Chad Fairchild gave his account of what happened during Miguel Cabrera’s third inning at-bat Sunday, in which the All-Star third baseman got ejected from the Tigers’ 12-4 victory.

“I called strike one, and he began to argue balls and strikes,” Fairchild said. “I warned him to stop, but after the second pitch, he began to argue balls and strikes again — and was removed from the game.”

■ BOX SCORE

Fairchild wouldn’t elaborate on what exactly Cabrera said, but the Tigers’ slugger mouthed what appeared to be an expletive.

“He was removed from the game for arguing balls and strikes,” Fairchild said. “What exactly he said will be in our report.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20130728/SPORTS02/307280143/detroit-tigers-umpire-chad-fairchild-ejection-miguel-cabrera-jim-leyland

The Dodgers appear to have bought formed an unbeatable baseball team.

And they could still get Kemp back, and since he is no longer on my fantasy team, I assume he'll return to MVP form immediately.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2659555

MLB to begin instant replay on everything but the strike zone beginning in 2014