Dodgers over Braves

Red Sox over Rays

Tigers over the A's

CS

Dodgers over the Pirates

Tigers over the Red Sox

WS

Tigers over the Dodgers.....

I'm being a homer as a tigers fan, but I do really like their starting pitching. If their pen can be just decent, I think they can win it.

Uggla, Maholm, and a few injured players/scrubs get left off the Braves roster.

Everyone's making a to-do about Uggla being out, but it's Maholm that I think should have made it. Can never have enough decent arms in the postseason.

For the record, I do think B.J. Upton deserves a playoff roster spot. I prefer the outfield to be Gattis/J. Upton/Heyward with B.J. Upton being a defensive/baserunning sub.

Word is Allen Craig could miss the entire postseason, and that's a huge blow to the Cards. It's already going to be difficult fending off a super hyped Pittsburgh team.

NL
Cardinals over Pirates

Braves over Dodgers

Cardinals over Dodgers

AL

Rays over Red Sox

Tigers over A's

Tigers over Rays

World Series

Cardinals over Tigers

I'm pulling for Oakland. I'm tired of the National League winning it, and Oakland are the only franchise still in the AL that I'd be ok with winning.

I guess I'd go:

Braves over Dodgers

Cardinals over Pirates

Athletics over Tigers

Rays over Red Sox

Then

Braves over Cardinals

Athletics over Rays

Then

Athletics over Braves

Just reported by WFAN's Mike Francesa: Mets ace (and IMO the only real reason to go out to Citi Field) Matt Harvey will have Tommy John Surgery later this month. He will be lost for the entire 2014 season.

It's really disappointing. However, it was probably the right move. In all probability, his elbow would have been a ticking time bomb. Any time he felt the slightest pain, there would've been concern that the elbow had gotten worse. Each pitch could have been the one that blew out his arm. Hopefully when he returns in 2015 he'll go back to being amazing.

On the downside, this does leave the Mets with another hole to fill in their rotation this offseason. Some of the flexibility they had with their pitching depth in the minors is gone. I really hope Alderson doesn't think "welp, we can't win in 2014 now" and back down on his word to finally start spending some money. I can't even fathom how disheartening it would be to see the Mets punt for the 4th offseason in a row and arrive in Spring Training in February with basically the same roster they have now.

I said it when it first happened, Tommy John is more and more a rite of passage for young pitchers. It makes the arm stronger after 10+ years of wear and tear on a physically developing arm destroy it. This is the right decision as much as it sucks he won't be active next year for Mets fans.

If I read another report suggesting that the Mets trade Travis d'Arnaud, Dillon Gee, and Rafael Montero for Troy Tulowitzki I'm going to scream. Why would the Rockies do that? They already have Wilin Rosario and one of their top position player prospects is a catcher, Tom Murphy. There is zero chance the Mets could land a player like Tulowitzki or even Carlos Gonzalez without parting with Noah Syndergaard, and trading Syndergaard would be a huge mistake.