2013 MLB Season Thread

The Buscher

I'll watch the end of games if it's close but otherwise I genuinely couldn't care less about this World Series. Second year in a row we've had teams in the playoffs that haven't been to the World Series in ages only to get teams that have had recent success. I know it's sports so it really means fuck all if the teams involved are boring or not but damn I'd like to see a fresh team in there one of these years. Giants/Rangers in 2010 was the last time I was actually excited about a World Series.

Welcome aboard Nerf, I also adopted the Red Sox as my team back during a post season run, leading up to a World Series against the Cardinals.

Can somebody tell me what time the World Series starts UK time? Tonight shall be my first baseball game and I am claiming the Red Sox as my team!

12.30 I believe.

And I started with the Jays through my Canadian stepfamily, but their 2004 series against the Yankees made me enjoy them, before knowing what divisions were all about.

:shifty:

I literally don't even know the rules of baseball. I have no idea how i'm going to follow this.

A guy throws the ball, a fat guy tries to hit the ball. If it lands in the crowd, they get a letter. First team to spell out 'Hotdog' wins.

How did Wacha do?

Great. Scoreless through six until he gave one bad pitch to Big Papi that got hammered for 2 runs. Much better than Wainwright's performance, though.

Last night was a little disappointing, especially those blunders in the 7th inning. But the Cardinals threw a damn fine game. I'm impressed with these young kids St. Louis has - Wacha and Rosenthal were excellent. I just wish the Sox took advantage against Martinez when they had the chance.

It's going to suck to lose Napoli at-bats in the next three games, but Ortiz is just too good lately to sit down. The man is clutch in October.