2013 MLB Season Thread

The Buscher

I'll cling to hope of a Scherzer vs. Kershaw showdown in the World Series. When was the last time the 2 Cy Young Award winners from each league (well, presumably) met in the World Series? Has it ever happened?

Game One of the 1969 World Series. Baltimore's Mike Cuellar faces off against the Mets' Tom Seaver.

That's right. I have tons of useless knowledge.

Oh and the year before. Denny McLain and Bob Gibson. '68 Series of Tigers/Cardinals.

• Like 2

I hate the rest of the 4 teams left. would of loved to have Pittsburgh and Athletics still in it but anyway based on how I see it, I see either Detroit or the Dodgers win the series, which is amazing on how the season started for them

Also, looked at the first page of this thread and was amazed at how many people thought Washington was going to win the NL East and maybe the World Series, but ESPN did hype them up alot in the Spring Training, or maybe that was MLB Network don't remember

• Like 1

The 2001 World Series with the Yanks and D'Backs had Clemens and Randy Johnson in the same series, but they didn't pitch against each other.

All of us, but HeadCheese, was alive for that.

That reminds me: anyone coming to my birthday party? I'll be turning 10. -_-

Nah, you're cool. I'm pretty sure age of consent is like 10 in Tennessee.

That's only if you're blood relatives.

• Like 1

To be fair they were great last year

This. I definitely saw Washington making the postseason. Their lineup looked absolutely stacked, a 2012 Cy Young finalist wasn't even their projected ace, Dan Haren was lined up as their #4 starter, and they seemed to have a killer back end of the bullpen. I did pick them to win the WS, but really the playoffs are basically a crap shoot. I figured they had more than enough talent to at least make it to October.

Anyways...fucking Cardinals. If I weren't still bitter from 2006 I'd probably be able to appreciate them more. What I wouldn't give for my Mets to be half as well run of an organization as the Cardinals.