UFC Pick 'Em

EddieG

It's not dead. I'm just busy. It doesn't help that I had the next post/results about 80% done(it's surprisingly time-consuming) a few days ago and I accidentally wiped it. We'll pick back up at the next event. Sorry guys.

• 2 weeks later...

200px-UFC_171_event_poster.jpg

UFC 171 Results - Green Name = Correct Prediction, Red Name = Incorrect Prediction

Main Card

Johnny Hendricks defeated Robbie Lawler to win the vacant UFC Welterweight title [Chris2K, Summers, HeadCheese, HBK]

Tyron Woodley defeated Carlos Condit [WalkerWGZ, Cuntface, Srar]

Myles Jury defeated Diego Sanchez [Gazz, EddieG]

Hector Lombard defeated Jake Shields

Ovince St. Preux defeated Nikita Krylov

Preliminaries

Kevin Gastelum defeated Rick Story [JohnnyPerfect]

Jessica Andrade defeated Raquel Pennington

Dennis Bermudez defeated Jimy Hettes [Perfectshaun]

Alex Garcia defeated Sean Spencer

Francisco Trevino defeated Renee Forte [Rich]

Justin Scoggins defeated Will Campuzano [Drock007]

Sean Strickland defeated Bubba McDaniel [Cymru]

Rob Whiteford defeated Daniel Pineda

171 saw only eight out of 14 participants make a correct prediction. Condit and Diego Sanchez left their backers hanging, and Rich's obscure prediction was also incorrect. Pick 'Em champion Drock007 extended his record-breaking streak to 12 fights, while Cymru is just one fight away from joining the prestigious 10 fight streak club himself.

200px-UFN_38_event_poster.jpg

Fight Night 38 Results

Main Card

Dan Henderson defeated Shogun Rua [Srar, HBK, EddieG]

CB Dolloway defeated Cezar Ferreira

Leonardo Santos drew Norman Parke [Perfectshaun, Cymru, Rich]

Fabio Maldonado defeated Gian Villante

Michael Prazeres defeated Mairbek Taisumov

Rony Jason defeated Steven Siler [WalkerWGZ, Cuntface]

Preliminaries

Thiago Santos defeated Ronny Markes [Drock007, HeadCheese, Gazz, Summers]

Jussier Formiga defeated Scott Jorgensen [JohnnyPerfect]

Kenny Robertoson defeated Thiago Perpetuo

Hans Stringer defeated Francimar Barroso

Godofredo Castro defeated Noad Lahat [Chris2K]

Fight Night 38 marks the first event in a LOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGG time where a majority of the participants failed to make a correct prediction. Only 6 of the field of 14 got their match right. 7 participants fell victim to the majority draw in the co-main event and Thiago Santos' big upset of Ronny Markes. Drock's legendary streak now ends at 12 fights, dethroning him as Pick 'Em Champion. Meanwhile, the heir-apparent, Cyrmu, falls victim as well and fails to claim the title or the 10 fight marker. Our new co-champions are JohnnyPerfect and Chris2K, tied at 9 fights a piece. While each holds a share of the prize, it will be interesting to see who becomes the last man standing. We pick up with UFC 172, with an almost barren field of steaks due to the turbulent nature of the last 2 events.

Standings (After 2 events)

Pick 'Em Co-Champions: JohnnyPerfect & Chris2K

Current Streaks

9 Fights - JohnnyPerfect, Chris2K

2 Fights - HBK

1 Fight - Srar, Walker, Cuntface

Broken Streaks

Cuntface - 12 Fights

Cymru - 9 Fights

Summers - 8 Fights

Rich - 7 Fights (@ 171)

HeadCheese - 6 Fights

Cuntface - 5 Fights

Pefectshaun - 2 Fights

Srar - 2 Fights (@ 171)

EddieG - 1 Fight (@ 171)

WalkerWGZ - 1 Fight (@ 171)

Losing Steaks

3 Fights - Gazz [LOSER] *Note: He skipped one event, but I kept his losing streak alive. He also correctly predicted every fight on the one he missed. How ironic.

2 Fights - EddieG, Rich [Lesser LOSERS]

Personal Best, All-Time Steaks

12 Fights - Drock007

10 Fights - Rich, Cuntface, WalkerWGZ

9 Fights - HBK, Cymru, Chris2K, JohnnyPerfect

8 Fights - Summers

7 Fights - Larz, EddieG

6 Fights - Thrilla, HeadCheese

5 Fights - Gazz; Perfectshaun

3 Fights - Srar

2 Fights - Numbahs; ZJ Penn; Dang117;

1 Fight - I_Like_EWR;SRN; Powerheart

So yeah, I intended to post this in time for the Roy Nelson card, but I had gotten to about this stage and accidentally wiped it. I've also been busy with school so I just put this on the shelf for a minute. Unfortunately, this week consisted of THREE freakin' cards, so we missed out on a quite a lot of fights. Oh, well. It's the first time I've missed a card, if I'm correct. At least I got my money's worth. :shifty:

Anyway, the field is almost a clean slate right now. The past two cards killed just about everyone except for Chris2K and Perfectshaun, who are now tied atop the standings. Everyone else is miles behind. Hell, three of you guys have losing streaks! Next stop, Baltimore.

452px-UFC_172_event_poster.jpg

UFC 172 Card

Main Card

Jon Jones © versus Glover Teixeira for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship

Phil Davis versus Anthony Johnson

Luke Rockhold versus Tim Boetsch

Jim Miller versus Bobby Green

Max Holloway versus Andre Fili

Preliminaries

Joseph Benavidez versus Tim Elliott

Takanori Gomi versus Isaac Vallie-Flagg

Jessamyn Duke versus Bethe Correia

Yancy Medeiros versus Joe Ellenberger

Danny Castillo versus Charlie Brenneman

Chris Beal versus Patrick Williams

I'm honestly hoping Jones and Benavidez both suffer huge upsets, breaking every single streak left and putting most of the field on losing streaks.

It won't happen, though. :(

I definitely want my one fight winning streak to end. Fucking Jones better win, though, the Light Heavyweight title picture is a lot more fun with him at the top, with Davis, DC and Gus all taking shots at him. Glover just isn't as interesting, although he's a beast.

Gonna go ahead and let you guys make your picks for Brown vs Silva, which is this Saturday. I'm cramming for finals right now, but I'll upload last event's results and a card for this one around Wednesday. Until then, you bums have Google, use it.