The Sky Bet Football League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

That whole thing is a joke by the way. They've essentially allowed the club to be sold back to the group who got them into this mess in the first place.

Sounds like another Leeds situation.

Wait a whole consortium of Ken Bates? *shudder*

Ken Bates didn't buy us after administration. It was an offshore company owned by anonymous parties who kindly decided to reappoint Ken Bates as chairman and continue to run the club without restriction... Ken had no idea who these people were either.

Honest.

• Admin

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has described reports he has rejected an offer of resignation from manager Paul Ince as "absolute fiction".

Oyston said that both he and Ince, currently with the Blackpool squad on a pre-season training camp in Portugal, had been left "bemused" by the story.
"He was as surprised as we were," Oyston told BBC North West Tonight.
"We had to send a picture of the headline for him to think we weren't winding him up."

Former England goalkeeper Scott Carson, 27, will leave Turkish team Bursaspor to sign for Championship side Wigan in an £800,000 deal.

Scott Carson only being 27 makes me feel old. Feels like he has been around forever. Would be a good pick up if they are losing any keepers.

And we can just give Luke Murphy, Danny Murphy's old number >_>

• Admin

AFC Bournemouth will face Real Madrid on Sunday 21st July at the Goldsands Stadium.

The news was announced on BBC Radio Solent in their 4pm headlines after presenter Steve Harris had teased on Twitter that there was some "ridiculous" news set to be announced regarding AFC Bournemouth...
Tickets for the match are priced at £55-60 for adults and £25-30 for under 16's and, £40-45 concessions.
Cristiano Ronaldo, Mesut Özil and Kaka could all feature against Eddie Howe's squad.
AFC Bournemouth chairman Eddie Mitchell told the Daily Echo...
"The clubs share a mutual friend who does work with Real Madrid. Tom (Mitchell) was chatting to him a few weeks ago and we had been looking for the opportunity to try to get a big club to the ground to celebrate our rise to the Championship. The mutual friend said that he could possibly get Real Madrid.
"Tom put it to me, I put it to the chief executive (Neill Blake) and we put it to my business partner (Maxim Demin). We decided that it would be great for the fans and us to pull off something like this.
"We took it further, things developed and we have worked very hard to secure the game. They have been across, met us all, looked at the stadium, pitch and accommodation, and they have been really impressed with the situation."
Very cool but those prices, bloody hell.

They say that now but we've heard that before. Man Utd came down here for a friendly to officially open the Keepmoat and it was billed as all the top players. I think the only 'top players' we got to see were Nani and Anderson, who was making his debut.

Be a sight to see Ronaldo et al turning out at Dean Court like but I'll believe it when I see it. Those prices are extortionate whatever the team is.