The Sky Bet Football League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Doesn't it mean that they are going to have to play at Northampton for next season? Wasn't that one of the issues regarding one of the holding companies that it meant they wouldn't be allowed to play in the Ricoh?

It's a shame for Coventry. Naturally i despise them being a Villan but no fan should ever had to endure their club possibly getting liquidated.

Footballs gone mad. On one side of the spectrum, you have clubs spending upwards of £100m on one player whereas a club with a lot of history and tradition is going down the shitter. The Beautiful Game is dead.

One of the companies has and they haven't got a ground anymore (which is a shame as it's gorgeous) but i get your point.

I do think football has gotten ludicrous though. How many big clubs have been in administration/liquidated over the last ten years? You can put the blame on mismanagement etc, which is right, but the bottom line is football is not a sport anymore. It's just a way of robbing the fans and lining the pockets of the fat cats in charge.

It's a shame for Coventry. Naturally i despise them being a Villan but no fan should ever had to endure their club possibly getting liquidated.

Footballs gone mad. On one side of the spectrum, you have clubs spending upwards of £100m on one player whereas a club with a lot of history and tradition is going down the shitter. The Beautiful Game is dead.

Ant, is that you in the BBC comments section?

I always don't know how to feel in situations like Coventry's. On one hand it's horrible for the fans (I'll never forget going to York away preseason in 2007, fearing that it may well be the last time that Leeds United ever played) but on the other hand I can't help but remember that 65/71 clubs didn't give a flying fuck about Leeds United when it came to voting in the Football League's kangaroo court. The turkeys voted for Christmas and now Santa's on his way.

• Like 1