The Sky Bet Football League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

After 8 years of pleading, today marks the day that the Chelsea scum are out of Leeds once and for all. On July 1, Bates was relegated to a meaningless, powerless role, later that day former Chief Executive Shaun Harvey was stripped of his position and effectively made tea boy and today our erm, I'm not even sure what his job title was, Gwyn Williams was placed on gardening leave.

Add to this that we've spent 7 figures on a promising youngster, beating other clubs to his signature, and this is the brightest week in recent memory for the club.

• Like 1

Fortunately GFH don't seem to be willing to sell our players at the first opportunity. Becchio was different because cunt chops decided to blame him for everything despite being our top goal scorer and lets be fair, if your boss was publicly blaming you for all his shortcomings, you'd want to leave too. GFH's real test will be if they sell Byram or not. Under the old regime, he'd be sold for the first £3m-ish offer... hopefully GFH will reject any offer of less than £10m. Personally I'd say he's worth at least what the likes of Bale, Walcott and Zaha have gone for.

Well, Bale & Zaha went for very, very different prices. I thought Bale went for like 6, whereas Zaha went to 15. You'll always struggle to attract a bigger price for defenders because what they do is less glamorous, but he does seem to have bags of potential. I don't think you'll get 10, and I'm not sure he's worth it, but worth well more than 3.

• Admin

Six Crewe Alexandra footballers have been arrested in connection with an alleged sexual assault in Cornwall. It is understood a squad of more than 20 players were in the county at a pre-season training camp. Police investigating the alleged assault of a woman in her early 20s in the early hours of Saturday arrested five players in Redruth. A man was also arrested in Cheshire. The club said it was not appropriate to comment during a police investigation.

• Admin
Northampton Town say they have been threatened with legal action by Arena Coventry Limited (ACL) over their decision to allow Coventry City to play at Sixfields Stadium.
The Cobblers were approached by the Sky Blues to play at Sixfields, so the League One side could fulfil their fixtures. The Football League approved the arrangement.
"The threatened action by ACL is without any legal merit and is not conducive to the greater good of the game," said a club statement. "Northampton Town Football Club will not be bullied or threatened.

This is getting really fucking ridiculous now. If I was Northampton I'd tell them to piss off or revoke Coventry's right to play at Sixfields. Letting them play there is actually a massive inconvenience for them so them getting a hard time for it now is beyond a joke.

• Like 1

• Admin
Brighton confirm they have upheld Gus Poyet's dismissal for gross misconduct. A statement on the Brighton website, says: "Following a suspension, investigation, disciplinary meeting, and separate appeal hearing, which was conducted by three members of the club's board in London on 11 July and 12 July 2013, Brighton & Hove Albion today confirmed that after further consideration, Gus Poyet's dismissal for gross misconduct has been upheld." Poyet - who was suspended in May - was originally told of his dismissal as manager when BBC Three production staff gave him a statement from the Championship club off air when he was working on BBC Sport's Confederation Cup coverage.

Sky Bet are the new football league sponsors. Given that Leeds recently struck up a sponsorship deal with Sky Bet for one of our stands, Huddersfield fans are going mental claiming that the football league are conspiring to get us promoted because we all know how much the football league loves Leeds United <_<