(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Oh, I know that they get hit Sean. They just don't get hit as often as other players. It's a superstar thing. Superstar players don't get hit as much, for fear of punishment or embarrassment when they dance around the attempted hit, or as I said, respect from the league.

That said, the Byron hit needs punishing, but I am glad to see you're keeping a level head about it. Players put themselves in vulnerable positions, and sometimes it's just not possible for the aggressor to stop in time. I don't know if Byron meant to drill him like that, but he doesn't have a history of being dirty. Five games to emphasize that hits from behind aren't acceptable is fine by me.

I also feel like they need to stress the importance of not putting yourself in those vulnerable positions though. Whether that comes in the form of a video that every team has to watch, or a quick talk or press release or something... that doesn't matter. But they need to do what they can to take these hits out of the game, and that means both sides of each hit need to be educated.

So, due to money being on the line, I am jumping on the Colorado/Boston bandwagons!

Here is my playoff pool team:

6 forwards: Krejci, Bergeron, Iginla, Duchene, Landeskog, Mackinnon

Dmen: E.Johnson, Barrie, Chara, Krug

Goalies: Varlamov, Rask.

Was thinking St. Louis/Chicago, but they play one another....and I don't really like anybody in the east (well, I like the Pens for Crosby/Kunitz, but not much else)

Pittsburgh/Chicago so it can be like Sudden Death.................... :w00t: As for upsets in the first, I think the Red Wings will beat the Bruins in seven.

Damn right they will, maybe less...

Yes, Wings are my second favorite team and I am biased...

Are these team splits rooting interests or predictions? I mean, I'd love to see us win a cup, but the matchups are only favourable for us through to the conference finals...and only if Chicago beats the Blues.

Malkin is likely for game 1, Pens are getting healthy at the right time. :w00t: Haven't seen people post their predictions, so here goes mine for the first round.

Anaheim beats Dallas in six

LA beats San Jose in seven

Colorado beats Minnesotta in five

Chicago beats St. Louis in six

Detroit beats Boston in seven

Montreal beats Tampa in five

Pittsburgh beats Columbus in five

New York beats Philadelphia in six

I'm sticking to Detroit beating Boston in the first round upset, although it wouldn't shock me to see the Stars beat the Ducks.

West
Ducks beat Stars in 5 games
Avalanche beats Wild in 6
Kings beat Sharks in 7
Blackhawks beat Blues in 6

East
Bruins beat Red Wings in 6
Blue Jackets beat Penguins in 7
Lighting beat Canadians in 7
Flyers beat Rangers in 7

West round 2
Ducks beat Kings in 7
Avalanche beat Blackhawks in 7

East round 2
Bruins beat Lighting in 6
Flyers beat Bluejackets in 7

West round 3
Ducks beat Avalanche in 7

East round 3
Bruins beat Flyers in 5

Finals
Bruins beat Ducks in 7 :(

So given that I won last year's contest it probably fell to me to run this year's playoff sweeps. Do we think we can get 16 in 10 hours? I think we can. Tell your friends! Winner will be allowed to create and name (as i've been doing this year) the thread for next season.