MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

I'm expecting the Mets to lose the Cubs series and avoid getting over the .500 mark, tbh. Just kinda seems like something they'd do to stunt their momentum. Hopefully I'm wrong of course, their hitting approach has seemed to be a lot better with Lamar Johnson at the hitting coach spot. Pitching has been great.

There's a catcher/first baseman in the draft this year named Handsome Monica. Amazing.

Gotta be better than Santana :shifty:

Catcher is a wasteland this year. Outside of the owners of Molina and Lucroy I'm pretty sure all of our catchers suck ass.

• Like 1

There's a catcher/first baseman in the draft this year named Handsome Monica. Amazing.

Gotta be better than Santana :shifty:

Catcher is a wasteland this year. Outside of the owners of Molina and Lucroy I'm pretty sure all of our catchers suck ass.

In my league since Ramos went down early, I have been a switching of Navaro and now Kurt Suzuki. Looking at picking up one of Oaklands two good catchers soon though as a decent replacement once one starts getting more at-bats (the first string guy was hurt.)

Well the Blue Jays beat up on the Tigers and Justin Verlander today. Had 3 people hit their 10 the homerun of the year. So I guess a Blue Jay vs the Giants world series would be to much to ask for. It is the Giants year. They win the world series then miss the playoff. Well they missed the playoffs last year. Mean they winning this year.

• Like 1

Well the Blue Jays beat up on the Tigers and Justin Verlander today. Had 3 people hit their 10 the homerun of the year. So I guess a Blue Jay vs the Giants world series would be to much to ask for. It is the Giants year. They win the world series then miss the playoff. Well they missed the playoffs last year. Mean they winning this year.

Didn't expect that sweep to happen today with Verlander on the hill, good for the Jays. Keeping it motoring. They crushed the Royals at the game I went to on Saturday, might try and post a pic later or a few later in the season.

I was gonna watch the draft but got caught up with stuff, it is happening now yes?

Anybody else gonna be watching the draft?

The MLB draft is the least rewarding draft viewing-wise. You have no idea who anyone is and you won't even see your team's picks until years later, if at all. :P

• Like 1

Happy with the Cubs pick in the first round on the Catcher looks like he could br a good hitter

Plus its pretty cool someone from my home town got picked in the 1st round even graduated with him

It was Justus Sheffield who got picked by the Indians and ill see if he signs and if he doesn't him and his brother could be higher Draft picks in the future cause they are good

But hey enjoyed watching that more than any other Draft surprisingly

• Like 1

I watched up until pick 4 to see who the Cubbies got. Had no idea who it was and it was God awfully boring

You had to wait until 4....I waited until 27....The price of having a good team, I suppose. :shifty:

• Like 1

I watched up until pick 4 to see who the Cubbies got. Had no idea who it was and it was God awfully boring

You had to wait until 4....I waited until 27....The price of having a good team, I suppose. :shifty:

I would much rather have number 27 than 4 that means your team was actually pretty good