MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

Didn't realize it was such an early start today. Let's go for the sweep! :w00t:

In a twist of fate ( (H) ), you got cocky ( :o ), and that cost you the game ( -_- ).

Is using a Hardy's trademark really a wise move when mocking Srar? :P

We continue to be really good at screwing Jeff Samardzija.

1.46 ERA and 0-4. Come the fuck on, guys.

Samardzija is having another great year with a massive lack of run support. Always been a fan of his even when he played college football at ND way back.

Jays just rolling over the Bo-Sox this series.

• Like 1

We just give our pitchers horrible run support. If we had better bats + guys like Samardzija pitching, we'd be in a lot better position. But it seems like with the Cubs you can only have one or the other, never both.

• Like 1

I really want Samardzija in Toronto. He'd really help stabilize our rotation and I think he'd benefit from the offense the team provides.

What does it take to get him out of Chicago this year?

Probably once again much more than we are willing to give up. But if I'm not mistake, he has one more year left on his deal? I don't remember though. Might make it worth it if we're not worried about having to sign him, or can sign him to an extension based on a trade.

I wouldn't hate it. He's a great young workhorse pitcher, we need one.

So do the Blue Jays have the best 345 hitters of any team? Juan Francisco and third base is pretty good it look like. I'd like to see them do make the playoffs. And Lawrie at third as well. Thats a pretty good combo.

Edited by draven
  • Like 1

I mean, the Cubs are rebuilding, and if they can get a king's ransom of talented prospects they probably need to do the deal. Samardzija is almost 30 and they're going to have to give him a pretty good sized deal to keep him, so I'm not sure how much sense that makes if they don't plan on contending any time soon. I guess it depends on how long they plan to be rebuilding exactly.

• Like 1