MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

Have yet to go to a major league game, but have seen plenty of AAA Memphis Redbirds games over the years. Shall make the pilgrimage to St. Louis one day.

I don't know if I'd be able to live in a city that didn't have a major league stadium in it.

Actually, no, no I wouldn't be able to live there.

AAA can be fun! The tickets are cheaper and on Tuesdays they have 2 dollar hot dogs. :shifty:

Plus, you can see all the stars of the future.....TODAY. :o

• Like 1

I went to my first major league game 21 years ago.

Welcome to the club Maxx!

The nearest stadium to me was 2 hours away, and I hated baseball from about grade 4 to my freshman year in college.

I don't know if I'd be able to live in a city that didn't have a major league stadium in it.

Actually, no, no I wouldn't be able to live there.

AAA can be fun! The tickets are cheaper and on Tuesdays they have 2 dollar hot dogs. :shifty:

Plus, you can see all the stars of the future.....TODAY. :o

I live 30 minutes from a short-season A ballpark, 45 from a AA team, an hour from an advanced A ballpark, an hour from another major league ballpark, 90 minutes from another major league ballpark, and there are a few minor league stadiums in that distance I've forgotten to mention because they aren't O's affiliates.

The northeast is a cool place to live.

• Like 2

I can't remember when my first major league game was. Probably at about 12, 13 maybe? Definitely a Rangers game though, since at the time my grandma lived like 15 minutes from their park. I've seen plenty of AA Travelers games at Ray Winder Field, but none since the switch over to Dickey-Stephens Ballpark. It makes me a little sad that Ray Winder Field was demolished just to make room for UAMS parking lots. :/

Also!

http://regressing.deadspin.com/feel-old-with-our-how-many-pro-athletes-are-younger-th-1565829499/+reubenfb

A-ha, I'm only older than 37% of MLB players! But I'm older than nearly 64% of NFL players. :(

• Like 1

I was actually supposed to go to a Red Sox game in late September 2009, but I was sick, it was drizzling and they were resting their starters, so I opted out.

I was hit in the face with a bat while playing and broke my nose.

Had I remained interested during those years, I probably would have followed my dad's lead and been a Yankees fan. Glad I dodged that bullet.

• Like 3

We checked out the Redbirds when we visited Memphis once but my first MLB game was probably Blue Jays/Rays back when Conseco, Greg Vaughn and Fred McGriff were the "stars" of the Rays.

Since then I've gone to numerous Brewers games, typically when they're playing the Cardinals (obviously) or Cubs (I can always watch the Cubs lose).

The Jays just can't seem to hold a lead. The defense hasn't been up to par, and the Bullpen has been atrocious. Starters have been acceptable, and the bats have been okay, but my god, the Bullpen.

I was hit in the face with a bat while playing and broke my nose.

how did that happen?