MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

I knew you guys weren't exactly friends...

My brother got a pitch to the head once and then for the rest of that Little League season he insisted on wearing a batting helmet, even in the outfield.

I can't remember when my first major league game was. Probably at about 12, 13 maybe? Definitely a Rangers game though, since at the time my grandma lived like 15 minutes from their park. I've seen plenty of AA Travelers games at Ray Winder Field, but none since the switch over to Dickey-Stephens Ballpark. It makes me a little sad that Ray Winder Field was demolished just to make room for UAMS parking lots. :/

Also!

http://regressing.deadspin.com/feel-old-with-our-how-many-pro-athletes-are-younger-th-1565829499/+reubenfb

A-ha, I'm only older than 37% of MLB players! But I'm older than nearly 64% of NFL players. :(

Pfft...youngster..

You are older than:

• 95.8 percent of NFL players
  • 87.9 percent of NBA players
  • 88.2 percent of NHL players
  • 85.4 percent of MLB players

The Mets and Rockies seem to play at least one 4 game series every year and the Rockies just absolutely obliterate the Mets every single time. I can't be bothered to check the official numbers but I know this is at least the 4th straight year the Rockies have completely bent the Mets over.

I know the Rockies are red hot and all but I can't help but think this series will send the Mets crashing back to reality. 4 games over .500 is probably going to end up being the Mets' high-water mark for the year. :(

The Red Sox bullpen this year is a little worrisome. Lester goes 8 IP with no runs, one hit, and 15 Ks. Relievers come in for the 9th, cough up three runs in quick fashion. Uehara couldn't get anyone to chase pitches just outside the zone.

Well, at least some things are starting to come together this year.

That's a good point actually.

Where have all the good relievers gone? Do-do. Do-do. Do-do. Do-do.

Milwaukee's bullpen is playing really well but I'm not sure how long that will last.

Sick of the Mets trotting out these oldass relievers year after year. There's a reason no other team wanted them. Sandy - you have like 4-5 legit SP prospects in Triple A and no apparent vacancy in the rotation. If you aren't gonna make a trade, get some of these guys into the pen. I've had enough of Valverde and Farnsworth. Dice-K has been halfway decent in relief but he takes about 3 innings to warm up.

Borrow a philosophy from the Cardinals, the most well-run organization in baseball. Get some of your hard throwing prospects some bullpen exposure. They can't possibly be worse than the geezers in there now.

Hey HC did you see the score of the Cubs/Cards game last night? :lol:

Umm.........

I have no idea what you are talking about.....

:shifty:

• Like 1