MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

I think this is an "all-in" move from the A's. Last year, Bartolo Colon was their game one starter in the playoffs. Now they will roll out Lester, Samardzjia, Hammel and Kazmir.

They paid a huge price, though.

Oh Billy Beane you are one crafty bastard.

For real. His trades are video game-ish.

I don't think they had planned to resign Cespedes, who's also walking at season's end. So, y'know, as long as they win it all, it's a great move. <_<

The A's outfield gets interesting, too. Gomes will likely take over LF, making the OF Gomes/Crisp/Reddick. Don't forget Sonny Gray in the rotation, as well, as he's been having a solid rookie campaign.

I think this is an "all-in" move from the A's. Last year, Bartolo Colon was their game one starter in the playoffs. Now they will roll out Lester, Samardzjia, Hammel and Kazmir.

They paid a huge price, though.

Hammel is out with Lester coming in.

Tommy Milone just got dealt for Sam Fuld as well, which gives Oakland more outfield depth.

Lester

Kazmir

Gray

Samadrzija

Chavez

That's their rotation here on out right?

A lot of fans are bitching about giving up Craig and Kelly and while I'm not ecstatic about Lackey both Kelly/Craig have massively underperformed this season,

Hey if it means we only have to fend off Toronto and New York's DL I'm fine with that. I'm just shocked they're giving up on the season.

Yeah, while I'm bummed that he likely won't hit the open market now, it will be nice not facing him five or six times every year.