MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

I'm bummed I missed out on seeing Trout play for the Travelers. When I was younger my family would go to Travs games 3-4 times a year, but I haven't been to a game since probably 2009 or 2010.

EDIT: Actually, probably closer to 2006/2007. 09/10 is probably the last time I got to see the Rangers play.

I probably won't for a couple of a years but I'm planning on getting across the pond at some point to watch as much sports as I can in the time I have there.

It's worth coming over in the early fall. College football season in full swing, NFL in full swing, baseball season winding down which means 1) intense end of regular season/playoff games and 2) easy as hell tickets to find for some teams, and if you stick around long enough NBA and NHL starting up.

Also the weather in the hot parts of the country is perfect then and the cold parts of the country don't suck yet.

I can't believe what the Dodgers pulled off. 5 triples in one game, and 3 of them by Puig. According to ESPN, the last time a Dodger hit 3 triples in a game was 1901, and the last time the team had 5 in a game was 1921.

Of course, I'd have preferred it if the Reds had done this, and Billy Hamilton had hit those 3 triples..... (My favorite team and I have him on my fantasy team)

It's amazing what happens when you aren't the only offensive option on a team.

Being the only offensive option? The guy' s average was sub-.250. :P

Right. But he's a good hitter. When you are a good hitter on a team with no other good hitters, you're going to get trash to swing at and feel obligated to do it. 2012 showed what he could do with help around him. Last year and this year was showing what happens when you're the lone decent hitter on the team.

• Like 1