MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

Man Oakland is really going all-in this year. It's pretty much World Series or bust at this point. I'm rooting for them provided the Cardinals don't meet them there. (Which does not look likely this season)

No faith in Masterson and Lackey?!

Eh, cautious optimism. Masterson is a low risk restoration project and Lackey is a solid addition to the rotation, but it's hard to be excited having dropped 6 of the last 8 with Molina and Wacha missing significant time down the stretch. The one thing I hope comes out of all this is that Taveras puts really starts to put it together out there now that RF is all his.

I really like the Andrew Miller acquisition but I do wish we had spent ERod on a starting pitcher. But I guess when you have three guys in your farm system better than him it's hard to negotiate teams down to ERod.

Miller-O'Day-Britton is lights out from the 7th on, helps make up for a lot of the flaws in the starting rotation.

Detroit gives up Drew Smyly and Austin Jackson, lands Price. Seattle gets Jackson. TB gets nothing... I mean Drew Smyly and Nick Franklin. Tampa Bay just made one of the worst trades in the history of baseball.