MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

So with the Mariners' win there are now three potential Game 163s for Monday for the NL Central, AL Central, and AL Wild Card. I'd be thrilled if even one happens, wouldn't be surprised if it's over tomorrow though. Adam Wainwright, David Price, and Sonny Gray all pitching so there's very little chance all 3 lose.

Today I don't care about Football till all the games are done today cause the Baseball Playoffs are almost here and I love them more than Week 4 of the NFL

My wish? For their to be 3 Tie Breaker games cause those are fun to watch

Cause it means a lot if you have 5 games to advance than having just one

This extra wild card is awesome and I wasn't a fan of it at the time but now I love it

Mets finish 79-83 and in 2nd place. You know what, as unbelievably frustrating as they were in May and June when they tanked away their playoff hopes early, they showed a lot of fight in the second half. Overall, a lot more good than bad has come out of this season.

and or they are in a laughingly bad division.

Mets finish 79-83 and in 2nd place. You know what, as unbelievably frustrating as they were in May and June when they tanked away their playoff hopes early, they showed a lot of fight in the second half. Overall, a lot more good than bad has come out of this season.

and or they are in a laughingly bad division.

The NL East was shit this year, but I'm not sure it'll be this bad again this year. Atlanta completely folded down the stretch but have a lot of young talent, pretty hard to see them being this bad next year. The Marlins also figure to keep getting better.

But from a player performance standpoint...this is the first time in about 5 years where I've actually gone into an offseason seeing a lot of positive signs. It was always "well they have a lot of good young pitching on the way, but not yet". Their Opening Day rotation should feature Harvey, Wheeler, deGrom, and probably 2 of Niese/Gee/Colon with at least one getting traded. Plus Syndergaard still very close. Bullpen was great as well after a terrible first month. Duda, d'Arnaud, and Lagares seem like they belong as everyday Major Leaguers and seem to be far less of a question mark for next year.

I do think next season will largely hinge on Wright and Granderson though. Wright needs to get himself back to 100% and Granderson will need to be better...his numbers were heavily weighed down by an atrocious April and August but still he'll need to avoid such cold streaks. The team is apparently going to move the dimensions in a bit for right-center field so that will help both guys. Those 2 are the key because I can't realistically see the team signing anybody who will be even remotely expensive.

I think I like the Nationals or the Pirates in the playoffs. Both fun teams and both not the Cardinals :P

You can like the Dodgers! We even wear blue!

Hmm.. I do like Kershaw and Puig can be pretty fun to watch too

Puig is no Mike Trout though. Prince Fish in the playoffs is going to be next level.

Twins fire Ron Gardenhire. It'll be weird seeing a new manager in Minnesota.

Agreed.

Anyone have any picks for the Wildcard match ups? I'm leaning Royals and Pirates. Hard to hate the Nats this post-season but I just don't think they have the playoff experience needed to win the World Series.