MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

Rosenthal blows a critical save with a wild pitch. The guy has been mediocre all season but Matheny's been loyal to him and it finally burns the Cards when it matters most. Ridiculous. Neshek should've been named closer back in July.

And Yadi may be out for the rest of the post-season as well.

The sky is falling!

• Like 1

Pretty sure HeadCheese is just trying for the reverse jinx at this point.

Anyway, I have a terrible feeling the Royals will sweep and then have to wait around for a week and a half while the Giants and Cardinals finish up their 7 game series. It'd be the 2007 Rockies all over again but with the leagues reversed.

Edited by Bad News Busch

If the Giants win I am rooting hard for KC. I don't want the even-yeared Giants to outshine the Cards. Plus, it be nice for the Royals to get a World Series without Don Denkinger's help.

• Like 1

At least I know the Yankees are old and trending down, the Red Sox are rebuilding, Friedman left the Rays, and the Blue Jays are a hot stretch away from contending. The future is bright as the Orioles organizational structure has been repaired the last few years. The pitching will get better, they've got great defense, and they made it this far without Wieters, Machado, and Davis (who was practically MIA all year).