MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

And the Royals are going to the World Series. I'm hoping to see a Giants/Royals series (because fuck the Cardinals) but I really want to see the Royals take those World Series rings. This WS is shaping up to be an interesting one.

Poor Orioles, though. Always the bridesmaids.

• Like 1

And it's over. Tough loss but if any time can make it back next year it's the Cardinals. Hope Wacha can return to form and that Wong and Carpenter can play like they did this post-season in the regular season. Sign some bench bats and find a closer.

And please let the Royals win. :P

Was reading on this one forum where one Royal fan was trying to say that the Royals should of traded Shield at the Deadline for prospects

Am I crazy in thinking that if that would of happened the Royals wouldn't be in the World Series right now?

It's debatable. The Royals rotation has been very deep and Shields has been far from the best guy in that rotation.

This game was as I expected. I remember the 2007 Rockies too well to expect anything from these Royals.

• Like 1

Man.....I really want the Royals to win this series but Ned Yost is such an indefensibly bad manager. Just completely hanging his 21 year old rookie out to dry. It was clear as day that the 6th inning is when he should have used K machine Wade Davis against all of the Giants' righty bats. Finnegan to his credit nearly got out of it anyway but still. Why managers are insistent in 2014 that your set up man can only pitch in the 8th inning is beyond me. You put in your best reliever when the situation most warrants it.