MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

Yeah, just that Miggy, V-Mart, and Verlander are getting older, and seems like we have had bullpen struggles for ages.

David Price shoud soften the blow for when Scherzer takes off this off-season, which is likely. Dombrowski does have a knack for good trades so we'll see what happens. Can't complain though, a world series would have been nice, but having a perennial playoff team to root for isn't the end.of the world.

Honestly I felt terrible for Detroit. What a depressing series. After Friday's loss I couldn't really see them beating the Orioles in 3 straight, but I thought for sure they'd at least win Game 3. When they showed close-ups of fans in the 8th inning, it was really sad. The fans didn't look mad, just completely dead inside. A lot of them were across the street at the Lions game too. Cannot fathom spending money on two sporting events like that and having to sit through two really tough losses in one day.

Good for the O's though. And the Royals too. Pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and create a time machine so I can go back and wager my savings on a Orioles/Royals ALCS. I look forward to sleeping on a pile of money.

Urgh. I think I would have been happy with literally every possible NLCS matchup except for Cardinals/Giants. The idea of the only 2 NL teams to make it to the World Series since 2010 competing to see who goes next has no appeal to me. Not unlike how I'd groan when the Pats/Colts/Steelers were the only teams to go to the Super Bowl for about 10 years. I guess I just like seeing new teams.

All told, I have nothing against the Giants. I love to hate the Cardinals as well but watching these games I think I realized I don't even really hate the entire team anymore. I hated them for ages because of 2006 but really I guess Wainwright and Molina are the only players that actively piss me off now. Oh and the fact that Joe Buck is invariably doing the announcing for most of the Cardinals' postseason triumphs doesn't help either...as he clearly has a hard-on for them. It's practically the only time he shows emotion anymore.

• Like 1

I was pretty much `anyone but the Cardinals or Giants!' going into the postseason, and still am. Even though I'm largely an NL guy (mainly because I'm a Reds fan and hate the DH since its not used the way it was intended anymore), I hope whichever AL team wins the ALCS also wins the World Series right now.

(Was hoping for Pirates/Orioles or Dodgers/Royals....so at least the two AL teams I wanted to see face off against each other is happening.)

My two least favorite teams...

I quit sports.

Except hockey.

hey, the lakers might be... okay stick with hockey.
  • Like 1

Looking forward to the return of baseball tonight. The Orioles should end the Royals somewhat Cinderella type story, but who knows! Been a crazy enough playoffs already and we're only into the beginning of the League Championships.

Hard to dislike the Cardinals on the other side. Both teams have such great playoff reputations/pedigree, but I gotta side with St. Louis. Chances are whoever wins the NL wins the World Series though.