MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

I feel like this one was over when Bumgarner was brought in...but I also feel like nobody's told the Royals that.

The pitching since Madison has come in has been fantastic. Herrera, Bumgarner, and Davis have all put on clinics thus far. I just feel like this will end right as it is now: 3-2, Giants.

His velocity and location aren't as crisp as usual, but he managed to get in the Royals' heads. They're chasing a lot of cutters inside and breaking balls away.

Likewise, the Giants just cannot catch up to the heat and Davis has managed to paint the edges well thus far.

Edit: Could we please wait on the verbal fellatio for Bumgarner until the game's over? You'd think he paid the announcers off.

Kansas City is psychologically destroyed. Bumgarner hasn't been hitting his spots like he was in Games 1 or 5 but KC just looks at him and cowers in fear. 6 outs go, I wonder if he is on the mound for all of them.

Either way, assuming this holds up. Easily the greatest World Series performance of my lifetime and we'll open the debate to where it is all time.

If the Royals do wind up losing (and at this point, I fully expect it)...shit, I haven't felt like this since the Cardinals in Super Bowl 43. Totally different sport, but similar story of a team nobody expected to get that far, nearly pull it off, only to lose to a team that we've recently seen win it all. I mean it shouldn't affect me, they had a hell of a year and have nothing to do with my favorite team. But...shit, I would love for one of these Cinderella stories to actually finish with a happy ending.