MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

Kinda sad Royals came 90 feet of extending it to extras but Bumgardner was just superhuman

But was still a awesome series and I hope the Royals stay good and this isn't a one year wonder,

Wow what a day for baseball Maddon joining the Cubs, a awesome Game 7 and now another enjoyable part which is the baseball off season

Can't imagine how Royals fans feel right now. I know they exceeded expectations beyond belief but still...that's a loss that's going to sting for a while. They have some exciting young hitters who finally paid off and a killer bullpen, so they SHOULD be a team right in the thick of contention, but you never know. Shields, despite the bad postseason, is almost certainly going to get a contract to the tune of 6 years, $100 million from another team. That'll be a lot of innings to replace.

Here's hoping the Royals don't fall off a cliff like the Rangers did after their 7 game World Series. KC has great fans and I had a lot of fun rooting for the team this postseason. Hopefully they're back next year.

They should have thrown caution to the wind and sent Gordon home. Written in the stars, man.

I thought for sure he'd have enough time to get home or force a close play at the plate. If it was one out I'd say leave him at 3rd, but it was 2 outs and you'd need another hit to get him home anyway.

If he sent him with 1-out, yes. But there were 2-outs, anything but a hit from the next batter ends it. And it was Perez. I'd say, since Gordon has speed, you pinch hit a guy like Dyson and try to suicide squeeze a tie out of it. Instead Perez was forced to come up and forced to swing for the fences. Hence the undisciplined at-bat.

If the throws were on target Gordon would have been out at home, but anything slightly off and he'd make a play out of it.

Basically I don't think the third base coach would have caught too much flack for trying to get something out of nothing, Madison was unhittable and the defense just presented an opening to KC.