The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Because that statement was 100000% serious.

£12mil for Debuchy isn't a bad return. Doubling an investment on a 29 year old fullback isn't the worst thing in the world. Santon goes to right back now and let Haidara or Dummett fight for the left side if a replacement can't be found.

I'd be fighting to get Ricardo Rodriguez if I were any big club, so good and so young. You could easily get him for half the price of Luke Shaw.

Also this. So much this.

Edited by Nerf

But if you don't concede, you can't lose.

Strikers get the headlines, but defenders do far more the work.

Yeh!! I agree with this as a person who plays defence. Especially when the team I'm in are pretty poo so there tends to be a lot of defending to do.

It's still a lot of money for him but if it works out United are sorted for years. I can see him being an understudy to Evra for next season though,

Southampton have made a formal bid for Feyenoord's Graziano Pellè. (Source: Sky Sports)

Poor Lars.

Feyenoord have laughed off the initial bid.

Besides, as I stated earlier, Feyenoord want rid of Pelle to make room (and money) for John Guidetti.

£12mil for Debuchy isn't a bad return. Doubling an investment on a 29 year old fullback isn't the worst thing in the world. Santon goes to right back now and let Haidara or Dummett fight for the left side if a replacement can't be found.

I'd be fighting to get Ricardo Rodriguez if I were any big club, so good and so young. You could easily get him for half the price of Luke Shaw.

I heard we're going for Serge Aurier to replace Debuchy..

Mand Utd have tabled a 30m bid for Fiorentina's Juan Cuadrado.

Alexis Sanchez seems to prefer Arsenal over Liverpool, which makes Barcelona's use of him as makeweight for the Luis Suárez deal a bit difficult.

The Reds and The Gunners have made approaches to Levante's Keylor Navas.

Arsenal are on the verge of signing Cork City's Brian Lenihan.

Adel Taarabt will return to QPR.

Roma are close to signing Urby Emanuelson on a free transfer.

Barcelona are looking to loan out Bojan Krkic (oh rly?), and the striker seems to prefer a move to the PL.

Juventus are leading the race to sign Juan Iturbe, who was on loan at Hellas Verona last season.

The Pulis Theory.

The Pulis Theory is Mourinho tactics for Sunday league football though. Tommy Smith two footed crunching tackles are the norm in our league. If you don't got home limping it's a miracle.

Also according to sky we have swooped for Kevin Stewart some kid from Tottenham who's left on a free on a two year deal.

Edited by DavidMarrio

No joke on nothing, Luke Shaw £30m is ridiculous. Why do you need an expensive LB? He's just a LB.

There is a bit of a shortage when it comes to decent defenders. Any of the good ones therefore get super expensive.

Depends what you mean by 'good'. If you're endlessly searching for the next Ashley Cole or Roberto Carlos, sure.

You could almost certainly get a perfectly adequate one for about £8m (experienced, does everything you want, albeit not 'world-class'), get three or more years out of him, sell him on for a minor recompense, do the same thing another two times to fill the position for a decade in total and still pay less than you would for Luke Shaw.

• Like 2

Sturridge made the jump from being a B grade English player once he left Stamford Bridge. With game time he could develop, can't see Chelsea wanting to sell him to us cheaply though.

Rather us go for Moreno but I think that deals dead in the water.