The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Such a boring match to watch. Not sure why Chelsea have set up so negatively against us. I mean we're playing Falcao for Christ sake!

Because that's what Chelsea do, done it for years in games like this. Hell they won a Champions League by doing it.

We've done alright here. Not sure Chelsea deserve to win. Hazard the difference it seems.

Encouraging to see Luke Shaw play so well, and if you'd offered me 9 points a few weeks ago from Tottenham, Liverpool, City & Chelsea I'd have snapped your hand off and never given it back.

We've done alright here. Not sure Chelsea deserve to win. Hazard the difference it seems.

Encouraging to see Luke Shaw play so well, and if you'd offered me 9 points a few weeks ago from Tottenham, Liverpool, City & Chelsea I'd have snapped your hand off and never given it back.

You beat my prediction of getting less than 6 points from those games. Thought you'd get 3 or 4 but hey you've hit form at the right time. Losing to the team who has been top of the league nearly all season and were content to get the goal and sit back there's nothing to be ashamed of there.

Got a 4 point gap on City and 8 gap on us, can't see you dropping out the top 4 now unless things go tits up.

I am so, so glad we have a manager who can close out title run-ins. If we had one who "did a Brendan Rodgers" and cocked it up by playing into his opponent's hands...I would probably be in a pit of despair right about now.

I am equally thankful that the players have been able to improve how they work off a striker like Drogba since the QPR game - they actually seemed to be around to pick up nod-downs a lot of the time. As expected, we remained stifled and had to rely on Hazard. That's okay - he's still my Fantasy Football captain. :shifty:

Nine...it's the magic number!

peter-osgood-chelsea-1665435.jpg

I suspect he meant by coming to the champions and dominating possession. It's hard to break down a team that has most of their team back for the entire game and yet there were 3 chances we probably should have stuck away.

The fact Chelsea's goal came from a foul says it all really. An unlucky match for us but not one we played poorly in. If we hadn't lost Carrick, Jones, Rojo and Blind I'm sure we would have won that game as we wouldn't have had Rooney playing deep and Falcao being Falcao.

Our form from the last 4 games is very promising for next season and seeing the way Mourinho reacted to it shows us that we should be back up there competing for the title. Especially if we sign one more midfielder, defender and right back.

Yeah, I think we played well yesterday. Some good possession in there, away from home against the new champions. And considering earlier in the season, people were saying we'd get destroyed by any of the big teams, I think we've more than held our own against them. Just wait til next season when we've got Hummels, Khedira and Gundogan. :shifty:

De Gea celebrating that Rooney shot is such a brilliant bit of footage. It would win awards were it not for the hundreds of wanker signs coming from the Chelsea fans in the background.

As you may have guessed I'm catching up on MOTD, Rooney suggesting Chelsea try to influence the ref...

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly
  • Like 2