Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I don't think I could be bothered with standing at a football match.

There's no way I'd move from my seat at Newcastle, and I'm with all the old folk so it won't be our stand anyway, but considering you always have to stand for away games anyway I'd be up for safe standing then. I think it'll help atmospheres too with stands behind goals.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

But you don’t score in cup finals.

That's how good we are. Still win some of them without scoring

16 minutes ago, Colly said:

There's no way I'd move from my seat at Newcastle, and I'm with all the old folk so it won't be our stand anyway, but considering you always have to stand for away games anyway I'd be up for safe standing then. I think it'll help atmospheres too with stands behind goals.

Way it's been is big league games and the cup games at Anfield, the Kop is pretty much stood up and you're sat down everywhere else. But it does depend on the match. I think what Celtic have done is perfect

I do agree, from my experience I feel standing does help the atmosphere though. 

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I don't think I could be bothered with standing at a football match.

I'm like that with music gigs most of the time these days. Least with football it's like 45 minutes each half with a 15 minute sit down in the middle 

Pre season friendly tickets have just gone on sale at twice the price of last year. Still reasonable I guess, but not quite sure this is supposed to be the benefit of having super rich owners.

• Like 2

In other Newcastle preseason news, our planned friendlies against Mainz and 1860 Munich could be off after fan protests. Mainz are considering their position, and I'd imagine 1860 will follow suit if they cancel. I love German football fans.

• Like 1

So the unnamed Premier League club that we all know the name of were made aware of the rape allegation made against the unidentified player that we all know the identity of last Autumn and did nothing about it. Not a great look.

• Like 1