Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Can't wait to listen to the battle between United and Everton fans as to who ended our title challenge for the next 6 weeks

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Can't wait to listen to the battle between United and Everton fans as to who ended our title challenge for the next 6 weeks

And yet, as always, the answer is Crystal Palace.

One thing last night did was Arnie Slots' Liverpool a clean slate to start a new run of beating Everton.

I think Klopp only ever won 2 games at Goodison in his entire tenure.

Not sure nis record at Old Trafford was that good either.

• Haha 1

I am sad that the Mike Edwards hit pieces have returned with this Nunez stuff.  Like, we get it, your analytics are good.  I am hopeful we will get a system and squad re-engergized that can go the full sprint of a season again.

I expect LFC change out four or five players if you include Matip and Thiago.  Kostas, Salah, Kelleher, Robbo, Diaz, Gomez..  I guess it just depends on how the new manager rates them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DragonCore said:

Kostas, Salah, Kelleher, Robbo, Diaz, Gomez..  I guess it just depends on how the new manager rates them.

Robertson is one of the best players in his position. Keep him.

Gomez has had a great season and can play multiple positions. And if Matip is going on a free, why reduce the number of CBs further?

Diaz has been one of the best attacking players in the last month and has had a great season. It would look pretty poor to sell a guy months after his dad was kidnapped.

Salah is still Mo Salah. It would be weird to sell him. Unless he really didn't want to stay.

Kostas and Kelleher are squad players. So maybe the most likely outs of any there.

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

Salah is still Mo Salah. It would be weird to sell him. Unless he really didn't want to stay.

There's lots of "X Saudi Arabian team wants Salah" stories flying around, though the Athletic pointed out a few months ago that the messaging being put out by the Saudis is quite confusing - the focus for this summer is supposedly younger players except the top targets are guys like Salah and someone else whose name escapes me but is equally old and accomplished.

I wonder if Liverpool really need that much of a transformation. Sure, it would be to have someone that gets more than 10% of their shots on target and the current squad scores a bit higher that average on the footballers with horrific tattoos quotient but with the exception of Arsenal they are very comfortably better than every other team not owned by a petro state. This is probably as good as it gets really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Lusophone said:

There's lots of "X Saudi Arabian team wants Salah" stories flying around, though the Athletic pointed out a few months ago that the messaging being put out by the Saudis is quite confusing - the focus for this summer is supposedly younger players except the top targets are guys like Salah and someone else whose name escapes me but is equally old and accomplished.

Although he's the biggest footballing star in the Arabic-speaking world I really don't see him moving out there. He's also apparently quite friendly with Ian Rush and has got his eye on getting as close to Rush's goal record as possible.  He averages around 30 goals a season and could very easily move into 3rd behind Hunt and Rush within a year or so.

1 hour ago, METALMAN said:

I wonder if Liverpool really need that much of a transformation. Sure, it would be to have someone that gets more than 10% of their shots on target and the current squad scores a bit higher that average on the footballers with horrific tattoos quotient but with the exception of Arsenal they are very comfortably better than every other team not owned by a petro state. This is probably as good as it gets really.

They're probably in the range of Arsenal last season right now.

They are a young side that's not quite got the total lived experience to push for a league title.  A lot of them are 25 and under. Joe Gomez is only 26.

• Like 1

I do not think they need a huge transformation.  I believe there will be churn.  I think if Mo is leaving on a free after next season it might make sense for Edwards and Hughes to explore options for him.  I think they will want to support Nunez with more end product to go along with his finishing development. I believe the new analysts will want to move on players over 30 in most positions.  I think it just depends on if they feel like they can upgrade.

9 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Slot to Liverpool for £9.4 million seems to be agreed. Is that a good price to pay for a manager these days?

Graham Potter's move to Chelsea set a new record at the time, at £20 million. Ruben Amorim, linked with Liverpool prior to Slot, held the record prior to that when he moved from Braga to Sporting Lisbon for £15 million. He was rumoured to have a release clause of at least £20 million though other reports suggested it was actually closer to what Liverpool are paying for Slot.

He'll have had a hair transplant and new teeth put in by the end of November

13 hours ago, The Lusophone said:

Graham Potter's move to Chelsea set a new record at the time, at £20 million. Ruben Amorim, linked with Liverpool prior to Slot, held the record prior to that when he moved from Braga to Sporting Lisbon for £15 million. He was rumoured to have a release clause of at least £20 million though other reports suggested it was actually closer to what Liverpool are paying for Slot.

It's really weird that managers are being talked about with transfer fees attached.

But i guess that's the way its going

Liverpool limping over the line it seems.

And I guess Salah and Klopp have had a bit of a row on the sidelines. Salah is prone to a bit of a strop sometimes.

Would absolutely love three points against Brentford tonight to mathematically secure survival. (Until we get docked a million points on the last day of the season just because)

Just now, Kyle said:

Would absolutely love three points against Brentford tonight to mathematically secure survival. (Until we get docked a million points on the last day of the season just because)

A draw will as good as do it now thanks to goal difference. Which I'll take with Chermiti starting up front!