Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

11 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Utterly childish from the Chelsea players fighting over who takes the pen. Sure it's good that they're 'passionate' or whatever, but whether it's the coach pre-game or the captain on the pitch, someone needs to assert order.

P.S. lol another Palmer goal

As Dele pointed out, none of them were squabbling over getting to take the high-pressure penalty against Man Utd last week, but when it's 4-0 suddenly everyone wants to be the hero.

• Like 4

He plays for Everton, which is the worst thing a footballer can ever experience.

But seriously, he's long-term injured and out of contract at the end of season. He said he's set himself a goal of getting into the 2026 World Cup squad, so he's basically going to have to find himself another Premier League club, play for basically free in order to do so, stay fit for two years and play like he did when he was 22 again to even have an outside shot. Not to mention his role as a ten / second striker is basically extinct in modern football.

55 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm so glad they're making a TV show about that 90s Man Utd team, we simply don't hear enough about or from them these days.

if only football didnt start in 1992.

Then we could get something about Liverpool and Everton in the 1980s.

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

if only football didnt start in 1992.

Then we could get something about Liverpool and Everton in the 1980s.

This, Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest, and Ajax in the 70s are all football stories of want a prestige documentary treatment for ahead of the Man Utd 99 team.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I'd like to see some documentaries about Coventry City and Wimbledon's surprise FA Cup victories in the 1980s. Those are the kinds of stories that I find more fun than "This team won everything."

Pretty sure BT Sport did one on the latter.

How many episodes of  Tv could we get out of Graeme Souness managing in Turkey?

I'm disappointed that he appears to be associating with absolute gimps.