Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

15 hours ago, Colly said:

I just can't figure out why they think that having their employee double down on their already ill advised tweet is a good idea. If the league don't massively punish them I'd be stunned, and they deserve it.

The best line is "if I was head of the referees organisation" which he now absolutely will never be.

Now seen them. First two aren't pens, third one I'd love to hear the audio as the ref clearly thinks Young gets the ball, the VAR should surely disagree. That one's a pen, and at very least needed review. Doesn't change any of the above though.

The funniest part about their moaning about Atwell being a Luton Town fan is all they had to do was file the request with PGMOL about their concern, and it's very likely Atwell would have been reassigned! But Forest did nothing, so nothing was changed!

I know a lot of people on social media hate Dale Johnson for always trying to explain the VAR decisions, but I thought he was spot on with the explanations for the calls. The first and second incidents are the subjective shades of grey we've seen all season, and the classic "VAR was always going to back the on field call" because it's hard to determine a clear and obvious failure. If the ref called either/both a penalty, VAR would have backed the referee and agreed it was a penalty. 

The third call, I agree that VAR should be over turning the call on the field. The ref is saying no penalty because Young won/played the ball, but he very clearly didn't. That's a clear and obvious error to me.

But Forest are so terribly ran & Marinakis seems to think rules should apply differently to Forest so I have no sympathy for them 

Every single one of these Liverpool players should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves. They have been out hustled and out performed by every single one of their Evertonian counterparts.

Full credit to Everton. They've clearly wanted this more from the opening whistle. You'd think they are the team in a title race! 

• Like 1

Just now, lanky316 said:

Give it to Gerrard to the end of the season. 

Naw, he's still in Saudi Arabia, would be too difficult to work out.

Woy is available though!!

3 minutes ago, Szumi said:

The deranged thing is that there are people who genuinely think we should sack him right now!

The only person you could sack him for that would have any impact on this season would be Pep.

6 minutes ago, Colly said:

The only person you could sack him for that would have any impact on this season would be Pep.

It blew my mind when I started seeing a fair amount of people calling for him to be sacked. It's insane! By all means he deserves criticism too because he has gotten his starting XIs and especially substitutions wrong a lot these past 6 weeks, but to say he should be sacked is crazy person talk. We've been shit, but we're still 3rd!

Liverpool just look tired.

Players peaked a month early or others just aren't fit.

nice for Everton to win something once in a while I suppose

9 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Liverpool just look tired.

Players peaked a month early or others just aren't fit.

nice for Everton to win something once in a while I suppose

I don’t think you can blame these Nunez and Salah performances on tiredness. They’ve just been extremely poor. 

In the run in you expect top players to step up and Salah looks like he knows he’s off at the end of the season. Absolutely terrible. 

• Like 1

The team that not only played better but wanted it more won. Fair play. 

Painfully limping towards the end of Klopp's reign. 

Fulham must be like how the fuck did they beat us given our performances since March

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

First derby win at Goodison since 2010. Absolutely buzzing.

See, I thought that FA Cup game was after 2010 the one ITV missed the goal so was shocked it was actually longer than it was. 

Turns out it was 19th placed Liverpool under Woy that day who then went on to say it was our best performance of the season

2 minutes ago, The Radical Moongoose said:

I don’t think you can blame these Nunez and Salah performances on tiredness. They’ve just been extremely poor.

I don't think Salah is fully fit tbh

I don't think Nunez helping him either. Whereas a few months ago they seemed like a great partnership.

Still, this team wasn't expected to be where it is after having a terrible season last year. I had thought maybe the season might go down to the last day with three teams in it but I doubt that'll happen now. Liverpool have just punched themselves out.

Amazing night, a thoroughly deserved win. To a man the Everton players wanted it more.

When the second went in, I knew we'd win. Liverpool just didn't look at it - there aren't excuses for that, not that I'm surprised to see the usual in here about fitness or tiredness. Van Dijk was absolutely rinsed all night long by Calvert-Lewin, and Nunez and Salah were very wasteful up front.

It doesn't get much sweeter than winning the derby, to essentially secure safety, and end Liverpool's title challenge in the same breath.

• Like 2