Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

10 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

If it isn't the battle against relegation, its the battle against being able to pay the utility bills

It's at the point where I hope MSP/Bell & Downing just force a takeover and try to find a more reputable investor.

I feel so sorry for the players, coaches and the fans. They have weathered the storm continuously for what is now several years, consistently managed to keep the club's head above water and all they get for it are constant black clouds looming overhead. It's so tiring.

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

I'm a bit surprised at this one - where the stadium is situated is surely going to make this carnage on match days, and all the time to be honest.

Still very woolly on details, if the East Stand can't be expanded it'll only be the Gallowgate and there's plenty of space for building work there. Brilliant news though.

It'll be better I think as well for the general keeping a historic stadium going. I'm made up Anfield just got expanded twice rather than moving to a soulless bowl 

It would be assumed that they'll play there during whatever is being done to it, which somewhat limits how exhaustive of an update it can get. This obviously means it won't be like some of the "historic" stadiums that essentially get torn down and rebuilt in the same location.

I've read much about how the stadium is very limited in how it can expand (East Stand primarily) but I would also trust architects and engineers over a supporters group on Facebook.

Going to get myself an executive box at the 200,000 capacity Shearer Dome.

11 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

This obviously means it won't be like some of the "historic" stadiums that essentially get torn down and rebuilt in the same location.

There was a plan floated around where the stadium is turned 90 degrees, which would allow for much bigger stands on the long side of the pitch.

Tonali gets a suspended two month ban and £20,000 fine from the FA. Won't serve any extra time on his current ban.

Somehow, the last time Chelsea played Tottenham at home, it was the game of that Tuchel vs. Conte 'handshake'. Holy fuck does that feel like seven lifetimes ago.

I also got a reminder on my feed that 8 years ago today I was in the stands at the 'Battle of the Bridge' 2-2 decider for Leicester's title. Again, might as well have been in a different millennium.

Fast-forward to today, and Chelsea's injured list is at a new high of 14 players (the 'injured line-up' is getting squad depth!), so I'm desperately clinging on to literally nothing but blind optimism that we'll get something out of tonight's game.

The state of this bench :lol:

GMlx7LRWwAALr4D?format=jpg&name=large

P.S. no matter how bad or good Casadei may be, being removed from a Leicester title-winning season for this is just cruel and unusual.

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

Those names all feel made up

Can confirm that at least Acheampong and Tauriainen are real people, both getting their debut.

Mark Clattenburg has left his position at Forest, citing that he had become more of a hindrance than a help. It's baffling to me that anyone thought hiring a former referee to actively criticise and undermine current referees was a good idea to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1