Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Couldn’t be any prouder of this squad. Bar the Fulham game I genuinely don’t remember us having a bad game in the league.

One of the best seasons I can recall us having but it’s still not enough. A bit demoralising but what a fucking team.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Happens every year, doesn't it. I don't get the appeal personally but it's now sadly a normal part of the end of seasons.

I get lower league clubs who may gain promotion or survive relegation or massive moments for a club

But City have won the league four times in a row and they do it every year. Tinpot

1 minute ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Richard Masters ducking out on being there for the trophy presentation so he isn't photographed with the club he has dragged his feet punishing, on brand.

It’s quite something to be honest. 

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

Just noticed Spurs and Newcastle are now travelling to Australia to play in a post-season friendly on Wednesday. Wtf.

Yeah, this is absolutely ludicrous.

9 hours ago, Baddar said:

Just noticed Spurs and Newcastle are now travelling to Australia to play in a post-season friendly on Wednesday. Wtf.

I'm pretty ambivalent on it, they'll still be back before the FA Cup final having played some meaningless friendlies. Better this than doing them in the "winter break", seasons over so the only possible complaint would be from international managers?

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

The Athletic's alternative end of season awards are good; worth a read.

Not to mention, Manchester United conceding more shots than the Derby County 2007/08 team...

Standard of defending this season has been absolutely dogshit. Teams finishing 4th to 7th despite all averaging more than 1.5 conceded a game.

Never mind City winning the league, congratulations to @Gazz for winning the 2023/24 EWB Fantasy Premier League that I definitely didn't forget about. (Still only came second to last though so not even the glory of the wooden spoon)

• Like 1

On 19/05/2024 at 22:50, Baddar said:

Think it might have been Graeme Jones' idea. Definitely not Howe's.