Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

11 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Keeps on heading straight to squad selection, am I supposed to make my team first? Will I allowed to change them for free once the fixture schedule has been announced?

I believe it's free changes until the first gameweek starts but I'm not 100%.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Keeps on heading straight to squad selection, am I supposed to make my team first? Will I allowed to change them for free once the fixture schedule has been announced?

Yes, and yes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Goodison derby in front of no one again despite most other derbies being scheduled later, plus five of the big six at home before Christmas. Cool.

I doubt there'll be any crowds at all this season to be fair. I see where you're coming from though!

Hard for fans to get too excited for the season really when it'll be legally impossible to see the majority of the games

To be fair, unless a second wave really kicks into gear there should be fans back in around six weeks, albeit at a vastly reduced capacity. It'll differ from stadium to stadium based on facilities but I expect some Premier League teams to get decent amounts of fans in in a few months.

It is going to be a weird season though and it's difficult, impossible really, to get too excited about anything.

It's gonna be so difficult to decide who goes in and who doesn't. Obviously season ticket holders should be prioritised but what if there is a limit on numbers then how do you decide who does what? 

16 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

It's gonna be so difficult to decide who goes in and who doesn't. Obviously season ticket holders should be prioritised but what if there is a limit on numbers then how do you decide who does what? 

They should not allow away fans in right? I don’t mean that in a snarky way, but away fans traditionally have to travel more than local fans, have to stay the night, use coaches etc etc

5 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

They should not allow away fans in right? I don’t mean that in a snarky way, but away fans traditionally have to travel more than local fans, have to stay the night, use coaches etc etc

I think that's a given.

Obviously everything depends on what the capacity rules will be but I can imagine logistically the whole thing will be a nightmare. I think Newcastle is about 50% season ticket holders (dropped dramatically in recent years), but even then they're mainly in pockets around the ground, I see the same faces around me year on year. Are we all going to get shuffled round the stadium or to the upper tiers?

7 minutes ago, Colly said:

I think that's a given.

Obviously everything depends on what the capacity rules will be but I can imagine logistically the whole thing will be a nightmare. I think Newcastle is about 50% season ticket holders (dropped dramatically in recent years), but even then they're mainly in pockets around the ground, I see the same faces around me year on year. Are we all going to get shuffled round the stadium or to the upper tiers?

You'll definitely be moving seats for distancing purposes. How many of your Season Ticket holders will be allowed in is going to be based most likely on the facilities. I'm assuming Newcastle has a decent number of toilets/concourses/turnstiles so you may get a decent amount in but it will be tricky and it will be very different.

One scenario I read, think it might be what Bradford are planning, is having Season Ticket Holders granted alternate games with the ones they aren't allowed to attend freely available online. No idea if such a model will work at the highest level really.