Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Somehow I saw that there was blame being put on  "Albanian gangsters" that Maguire was trying to save his sister from. A story which seems to originate from The S*n. Because of course it did.

3 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Somehow I saw that there was blame being put on  "Albanian gangsters" that Maguire was trying to save his sister from. A story which seems to originate from The S*n. Because of course it did.

It originates form his lawyer who used it today in court.

• Like 2

I think Maguire can point at the speed of the trial, the fact that his defence wasn't granted their application to delay the thing to have adequate time to prepare and the general corruption present in Greece to suggest that he's not been treated particularly fairly tbh.

United statement:

And statement from Harry Maguire:

41 minutes ago, Twist said:

It originates form his lawyer who used it today in court.

A Greek lawyer in a country that has a high number of Albanian immigrants could never possibly use a particular negative stereotype of a minority group to defend a rich client?

I'm skeptical as to whether these alleged "gangsters" existed all told. Especially given how the original reports made it seem like he was in a fight with other tourists who were also English.

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

A Greek lawyer in a country that has a high number of Albanian immigrants could never possibly use a particular negative stereotype of a minority group to defend a rich client?

I'm skeptical as to whether these alleged "gangsters" existed all told. Especially given how the original reports made it seem like he was in a fight with other tourists who were also English.

I didn’t address the validity of the statement. But the origin of the story is the lawyer, true or false.

2 hours ago, Hobo said:

• Like 1

Just now, Colly said:

Sure Le Tissier can find some work on the David Icke circuit. Prick.

My first thoughts were that Le Tissier's too into the conspiracy theory scene for my liking. He hasn't gone full Peter Ebdon yet, but I still don't want to see him on television.