Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Quite the clusterfuck in the Chelsea/Brighton match. Brighton score first off a corner (as is the Chelsea way), Chelsea equalise, then Brighton get a player sent off, Chelsea advance to 4 goals then nearly throw it away again to finish 4-3.

Messy, but we're actually scoring goals (even Mudryk??), so that's promising...

Trevor Francis has died. I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but he did play and manage for a short while in the Premier League era.

He was best known as the first million pound player, but he was also a European Cup winner with Forest and a bona fide legend among Birmingham City fans.

I do love a weird little summer friendly cup win celebration.

Its so meaningless but the players always seem happy

It's such a shit trophy though, it looks like they've just bought it in an independent sports shop and stuck a beer bottle label on it. Pre season trophies should either be wacky like this thing:

63c3540d-25d5-4925-8040-421f891db79d.jpg

Or fucking massive to force Kevin Nolan to try to blag the Teresa Herrera as hand luggage:

newcastle_efe_30.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Colly said:

It's such a shit trophy though, it looks like they've just bought it in an independent sports shop and stuck a beer bottle label on it. Pre season trophies should either be wacky like this thing:

63c3540d-25d5-4925-8040-421f891db79d.jpg

Or fucking massive to force Kevin Nolan to try to blag the Teresa Herrera as hand luggage:

newcastle_efe_30.jpg

Was fully expecting Scott Parker with the Intertoto Plaque to round out this collection.

On the subject of silly pre-season trophies, I just learned that Chelsea vs. Wrexham last week was for the Florida Cup.

Upon learning this, I went to google to find a picture of the trophy - and so far as I can tell, literally no picture of Chelsea with said trophy exists. Either they just didn't do a trophy this year, or everyone collectively agreed not to pretend to care about such a worthless thing.

I did however find multiple pictures of Arsenal lifting last year's version with massive smiles on their faces. :shifty:

Poor ol' Miggy. Scores a goal playing back in Atlanta, so tries to recreate this...

732f8380-5d97-11ea-a77f-567f66fc30f1

but Trippier no sells it...

mig.png

so he just ends up doing a Bischoff...

mig2.png

Tragic.

• Haha 7