Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Hojlund taking Fred's number 17 then.

When asked which number he'd like, Hojlund said "There are Manchester United legends, and then there's Fred. I couldn't think of a better squad number and he has massive boots to fill. I aspire to be a Bangkok Century Cup champion like him one day"

• Haha 3

Bournemouth's recruitment has looked really smart, including the manager. They also made decent buys in January. I don't think anything is "saving" them other than smart squad building. They look, at this obviously super early stage, to have their shit together unlike at least four other clubs in the bottom half.

West Ham will be fine. Alvarez, Maguire and JWP are all good acquisitions for a Moyes team in my opinion. Alarm bells will only ring if they fail to get a striker in or have a manager change early doors.

I also keep saying...I've no idea why everyone is just presuming Everton will be fine. Squad is currently smaller than it was last season, there have only been a couple of squad signings and links with youthful forwards. Everton have a good manager but are short a starting centre half, short a creative midfielder, short a striker and presumably short a winger now Gray is likely leaving. Everton were absolute toss last season and as of now are actually weaker than they were then.

Bournemouth could go either way. Either Iraola's ultra aggressive press works and they could sneak a top half finish, or they're going to get cut to ribbons and he'll be out by Christmas. Personally, I think they'll do alright. I don't think their in any real danger of relegation.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Bournemouth's recruitment has looked really smart, including the manager. They also made decent buys in January. I don't think anything is "saving" them other than smart squad building. They look, at this obviously super early stage, to have their shit together unlike at least four other clubs in the bottom half.

West Ham will be fine. Alvarez, Maguire and JWP are all good acquisitions for a Moyes team in my opinion. Alarm bells will only ring if they fail to get a striker in or have a manager change early doors.

I also keep saying...I've no idea why everyone is just presuming Everton will be fine. Squad is currently smaller than it was last season, there have only been a couple of squad signings and links with youthful forwards. Everton have a good manager but are short a starting centre half, short a creative midfielder, short a striker and presumably short a winger now Gray is likely leaving. Everton were absolute toss last season and as of now are actually weaker than they were then.

Don't worry, Everton just signed a new striker for €15m roughly, and he's already more proven than most of your other attackers! He scored 3 whole goals last season!

2 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Don't worry, Everton just signed a new striker for €15m roughly, and he's already more proven than most of your other attackers! He scored 3 whole goals last season!

We've been on the verge of signing Chermiti for over a week, he's obviously not coming in to lead the line every game. He's one of the youthful forwards I referred to in my original post, along with Gnonto.

€15m is also peanuts in top flight football these days. Certainly compared to the £110m that Liverpool have just shown they are willing to spend on a player who doesn't even want to join them, apparently.

In a scale for the Manchester City fans, I assume it's about perspective. After last season "can we do it all again?" I suppose would be a reason to be pessimistic in the sense that they would realistically feel it won't reach the scale they did then. Realistically you'd assume they'll be confident of a title challenge and so on but getting a treble again? As often happens in great seasons things have to go your way at key times and little things working out. Had more teams been in the frame when Arsenal started to slide as they had the season before, could City have overhauled all of them to win the league, for example? Presumably most fans are expecting a reasonable season, but as good as last years.