Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

29 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Their website is great, it heavily implies that he's legendary due to his managerial career. Why learn from a Pep Guardiola when you can go to UAE instead?

https://alqabilafc.com/

this feels like some kind of MLM rather than a football team

I hate the sheer coping maths I'm doing at the moment.

"We're two points ahead of Luton in 18th and have two games in hand on them, surely we'll be fine right?"

I also hate the level of apathy I have to actually watching us right now, because I just looked at the schedule and I'd rather watch the Coventry/United semi than watch us flounder struggling to play football for 90 minutes.

I'm not saying any of them should have been a penalty, but Ashley Young alone has committed 3 potential penalties in the opening hour. I don't think the hand ball is a penalty with how close his arm is to the ball, but I have no idea how Everton have escaped from the other two challenges. Both times it looks pretty clear Young goes right through both players.

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

You can watch Man Utd struggle to play football instead.

That's the hope, I'd like a Cupset

I'll take three points though, I'd like to be less worried.

56 minutes ago, Szumi said:

I'm not saying any of them should have been a penalty, but Ashley Young alone has committed 3 potential penalties in the opening hour. I don't think the hand ball is a penalty with how close his arm is to the ball, but I have no idea how Everton have escaped from the other two challenges. Both times it looks pretty clear Young goes right through both players.

Not seen any, but Forest not happy. 

• Haha 1

I didn't see the 3rd but think the first two were pens personally.

Close proximity to the ball on the handball is an argument but it was away from his body the entire time and even moved towards the ball. Certainly couldn't have complained if it was given.

I have sympathy for a couple of the claims, but the reality is that Forest haven't done enough this season to avoid being in their current situation. If not for the fact that the three promoted teams are so poor, Forest would have no hope of survival at this rate.

Was saying earlier in the week to my blue nosed friends that I think 30 points will be enough. 

Luton can't defend at all, Forest have been very meh and Burnley are leaving it too late and have mistakes in them. 

Do think Forest should have two penalties like. 

Was the first to admit I didn’t quite understand the Morgan Rogers signing in January, but he’s been magnificent for us. Has absolutely played more than we perhaps expected so soon, but he’s proper stepped up.

This fucking team man. 

I think there should have been all 3 pens given in the Forest match but their complaining about it is, frankly, embarrassing. I know what's on the line but if your future comes down to the decisions of officials it's your fault for not doing more to avoid being in that situation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

I think it’s normal for fans to go into conspiracy theory territory but it’s always very undignified when the clubs themselves start indulging it.

You know this is a really good point, and I think feeding into fan paranoia like this is a tad dangerous. It basically dignifies the ideas that the worst people sometimes hold as truth and gives them justification if they choose to react in any manner.