Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

Manchester United have surely not been this bad defensively in decades. Bournemouth look like they could score every single time they come forward.

It's been like that all season, not like Bournemouth are doing anything particularly special to cut through us. We're one of the worst teams in the league, sometimes bailed out in moments by 1 or 2 of our attackers. 

We should be 4 or 5-1 down at HT and yet Bruno hit the bar to almost make it 2-2, which would've been the most undeserved scoreline of the season.

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It's been like that all season, not like Bournemouth are doing anything particularly special to cut through us. We're one of the worst teams in the league, sometimes bailed out in moments by 1 or 2 of our attackers. 

We should be 4 or 5-1 down at HT and yet Bruno hit the bar to almost make it 2-2, which would've been the most undeserved scoreline of the season.

That's kind of what I mean by the worst in decades comment, it's been like this for ages. I just don't get how Man Utd can be so bad at the back.

• Like 1

Genuinely can't understand how that pen was overturned when it was given on the pitch. Initial contact on the clothesline may have been just outside but it clearly continued into the area.

I have no idea how Liverpool have made 4 substitutions so far, and Curtis Jones is still on the pitch. I love him, but he's been awful since coming back. No idea how he started after how bad he was on Thursday, and how in a match we need to win, down a goal, Klopp thinks he should stay on the pitch instead of Diaz. 

Just an embarrassing set of performances from the whole side pretty much since the international break. No energy, no passion. Just so frustrating to see the Klopp era end so pathetically.

In Klopp's defense I dropped Eze for Olise, and have Konate, Alison, Salah and Jota in my Draft team, so that scoreline was pretty much nailed on. Sorry.

• Haha 1

Up to recently, Liverpool's greatest strength had been their 2nd choice and youth players coming up with the goods. Now it seems that they've gone to that well one too many times and the first-team regulars who are coming back just aren't sharp enough themselves. 

It is a shame but at the same time, Liverpool were playing kids and relying on more inexperience than experience for weeks.

That may be the league gone for Liverpool. It's not unlikely that City and Arsenal both have off days but it looks like Liverpool ran out of steam too early.

I think we are pretty much Arsenal last year in the emotion has gotten to us. 

Such a daft goal to concede, wasteful, out of ideas.

It's weird cause the grand scheme of things, we've gone from missing out on Champions League to being in the title race and exceeding the target but man the last week has just been soul crushing. 5 points dropped, battered in the Europa League and just looking more and more inept

We never fixed the issue from last season of where we start out terrible, and concede early. Plus our biggest issue: we are an elite chance creation side full of players who are below average at chance conversion. We do not have a single forward who is above average at being clinical, and all but one are below average. In the moments that have mattered most, we have not taken our chances. Today being an obvious prime example, but especially the home draws to Arsenal and City. Would have won the league easily if we could just be good at being clinical.

1 hour ago, Szumi said:

We never fixed the issue from last season of where we start out terrible, and concede early. Plus our biggest issue: we are an elite chance creation side full of players who are below average at chance conversion. We do not have a single forward who is above average at being clinical, and all but one are below average. In the moments that have mattered most, we have not taken our chances. Today being an obvious prime example, but especially the home draws to Arsenal and City. Would have won the league easily if we could just be good at being clinical.

at the same time Liverpool are one of the highest scoring teams in Europe

Can't be both bad at scoring goals and also score a lot of goals.

But you can run out of steam a bit, have one too many players injured/coming back from injury and find yourself overly relying on players who weren't meant to be relied upon this much (Kelleher, Endo, Bradley, Quansah).