Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Perfect sunday for the reds. Good comeback against Brighton and then a City/Arsenal game in which it felt like neither said wanted to risk losing. I didnt think the draw against City was a bad result when it happened knowing this game was to come after it and having won ours, a draw was a perfect result. 

Thoroughly enjoyed being in the away end at St. James' tonight. I don't go to many games anymore, my only other one this season was Donny's opening day defeat to Harrogate.

A battling second half from Everton and a deserved point. Do Newcastle fans not get bored of saying the same old crap about Pickford, mind? Man of the match again tonight.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Adam said:

Thoroughly enjoyed being in the away end at St. James' tonight. I don't go to many games anymore, my only other one this season was Donny's opening day defeat to Harrogate.

A battling second half from Everton and a deserved point. Do Newcastle fans not get bored of saying the same old crap about Pickford, mind? Man of the match again tonight.

Nope. If nothing else he's a good but erratic keeper so getting in his head tends to help.

You're right though, deserved point.

Also I left my woolly hat behind, so a disaster of a night all round.

• Like 1

The thing is, Pickford's been remarkably consistent for Everton and England for literally years now, I can only recall one real wobble against Newcastle and it was a while ago too. The carry-on every time he has the ball, and the dinosaur nonsense, surely it's getting old by now but I guess not.

I genuinely think it spurs him on in these sorts of games too.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

The thing is, Pickford's been remarkably consistent for Everton and England for literally years now, I can only recall one real wobble against Newcastle and it was a while ago too. The carry-on every time he has the ball, and the dinosaur nonsense, surely it's getting old by now but I guess not.

I genuinely think it spurs him on in these sorts of games too.

He's an ex mackem, he's never not going to be booed at Newcastle. He gets more than most (and there aren't really many notables around these days anyway) largely because he gives it back.

Random aside that I'd forgotten about, it was fairly obvious there was a stoppage first half to break Ramadan fasts, but also weirdly Ben Godfrey was passed at least two of those energy pouches or whatever they are in the second half. Led to a brilliant moment when the Everton physio had sprinted all the way round to the other side of the pitch, failed to get his attention for 5 minutes and just had a chat with a ballboy for ages.

7 minutes ago, Colly said:

Random aside that I'd forgotten about, it was fairly obvious there was a stoppage first half to break Ramadan fasts, but also weirdly Ben Godfrey was passed at least two of those energy pouches or whatever they are in the second half. Led to a brilliant moment when the Everton physio had sprinted all the way round to the other side of the pitch, failed to get his attention for 5 minutes and just had a chat with a ballboy for ages.

Hi @Colly - Lineker is a bit busy at work but he’s asked me to pass this message on to you.

He’s saying you should have edited that into your original post rather than double posting. This is a huge infringement of good etiquette and he would have expected you to know better. Take this as a verbal warning but if you do it again the process is going to have to become more formal. You’re obviously a valued part of the community here but everybody at EWB is treated the same (unless your political opinions are anything to the right of centre-left) and we can’t make exceptions for you.