Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

But regular? You bet.

Koalas poop 360 times a day - even in their sleep.

29 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

I don't know what's hard to believe about London elite Lineker and London elite Metalman holding secret meetings about how they can make life worse for the hard-working, regular folks out there.

Candid pics of the aforementioned secret meeting:

Spoiler

il_570xN.2514429509_7c53.jpg

Chelsea fans watch their team go 2-0 up and immediately start worrying about the obligatory second half meltdown.

Chelsea: "Second half? Hold my beer."

I hate end-to-end 'basketball' games of football. Hate them.

Don't appeal to some lofty notion of entertainment (for neutrals?!) just to try and excuse your inability to manage a game.

I'm enjoying it as a spectacle, but largely down to how shite both sides are these days.

I'm a simple man, but can you really describe a cross that bounces unchallenged in the penalty area as "one of the passes of the season"? Just piss poor defending, and a very brave header from Garnacho.

We're going to get the familiar line about individual errors - and yes we've had some corkers, but when every MU attack is something like 3-on-2 or 4-on-2, this shit is inevitable and I refuse to believe a less-Spursy coach couldn't mitigate it.

Unnecessarily stressful second half that after taking the lead in the first half because their keeper smacked it against Nunez. 

Bradley own goal in the second half led to a lot of tension as majority of the game it was all huffing and puffing to little effect. 

Mac Allister has to be up there for signing of the season. He's been immense and his goal was a thing of beauty. Nice for Gakpo to get a confidence booster as well going into a tough game on Sunday

6 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

We're going to get the familiar line about individual errors - and yes we've had some corkers, but when every MU attack is something like 3-on-2 or 4-on-2, this shit is inevitable and I refuse to believe a less-Spursy coach couldn't mitigate it.

Scoring in every game since January 26th (except the League Cup final) doesn't sound as impressive when you realise that we haven't kept a clean sheet since then either (including the League Cup final).

8 minutes ago, Naitch said:

when you realise that we haven't kept a clean sheet since then either (including the League Cup final).

Sixth game in a row we've conceded 2+ goals...

11 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Mac Allister has to be up there for signing of the season. He's been immense and his goal was a thing of beauty. Nice for Gakpo to get a confidence booster as well going into a tough game on Sunday

Not aimed at you but still brilliant. Who could have thought that a World Cup winner who was already brilliant in the Premier League would go on to be brilliant in the Premier League?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

The social media chat about it has made me giggle over the last few months. The only thing we can say is the price was a steal considering how much other midfielders have gone for this season but that's taking advantage of a release clause

I don't think its a coincidence he's kicked on since Endo (who has been brilliant this year) has solidified his place in the team and its given the midfield a lot more balance.

Its nice having gone from the midfield options and lack of goal contributions they provided last season to what we have now.

On 05/04/2024 at 12:47, DavidMarrio said:

The social media chat about it has made me giggle over the last few months. The only thing we can say is the price was a steal considering how much other midfielders have gone for this season but that's taking advantage of a release clause

particularly how other Brighton midfielders went for vs him

Endo has been the real revelation.

It's not just Liverpool fans to be fair, there is a definite top 6 "bubble" with media focus.

Take Crystal Palace, and their January signing Adam Wharton (who has an assist today in fact). The other day I saw the Guardian describe it as Palace "unearthing a gem" in Wharton...they spent £20 million on him because he was one of the best players in the Championship for Blackburn.

They didn't dig him out of the ground as a complete unknown, they spent their Premier League cash to poach a young star from the lower leagues.

• Like 5

I said this the other week but I don’t understand why anyone other than City are being talked about as potential champions.

I get that at this point of the season it’s encouraging to see three teams this close at the top but look at City’s fixtures. They’re not dropping any points for the remainder of the season - I don’t see it.