Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Fair play to Villa - they deserved that. Especially in terms of the second half performance as we really offered nothing and they were dangerous going forward. 

Still not over, but it’s looking like a fourth straight City win. Congratulations to their playing squad and manager, but as an institution - fuck them and their 115 charges. 

14 minutes ago, Adam said:

Manchester City (C)

Watch as they drop points next.

:shifty:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hobo said:

at the same time Liverpool are one of the highest scoring teams in Europe

Can't be both bad at scoring goals and also score a lot of goals.

But you can run out of steam a bit, have one too many players injured/coming back from injury and find yourself overly relying on players who weren't meant to be relied upon this much (Kelleher, Endo, Bradley, Quansah).

That's kind of my point though. Liverpool will ultimately score goals eventually because they're an elite chance creation side. Either through shot volume, poor goalkeeping, or a Liverpool player eventually having a good shot, they will eventually score goals. But, when it matters most/in the big matches/against the other big sides/etc, Liverpool have been pretty poor at being clinical. Both Manchester United draws, home to Arsenal, and home to City all stand out as matches where Liverpool should have easily won the matches, but their profligacy cost them.

The only teams to have a worse negative Goals-xG is Everton, Brentford, and Chelsea.

• Like 1

Everton are going to appeal against their second points deduction. With Forest also appealing against their own sanctions, I'm inclined to hope that both clubs achieve survival before the end of the season. It would be really poor if relegation were decided in a hearing after the season finished.

• Like 1

Just learned that Everton haven't won a league game at Stamford Bridge since 1994, so strapping myself in for a Pochettino disasterclass this evening.

47 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

So, Cole Palmer

every time I hear/see his name I think of Carlton Palmer

Utterly childish from the Chelsea players fighting over who takes the pen. Sure it's good that they're 'passionate' or whatever, but whether it's the coach pre-game or the captain on the pitch, someone needs to assert order.

P.S. lol another Palmer goal

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Utterly childish from the Chelsea players fighting over who takes the pen. Sure it's good that they're 'passionate' or whatever, but whether it's the coach pre-game or the captain on the pitch, someone needs to assert order.

P.S. lol another Palmer goal

You're the only team that would be smashing another team and have your own players get a hissy fit over who takes the penalty. 

• Like 2