Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

I'm sure Arsenal fans might think there should have been a red card in the first half (not for me), but they've had a right "big club" decision there.

Christie absolutely should have been booked, even if you're of the opinion it wasn't a red card, the fact he got to the 95th minute without a card is incredible.

Havertz absolutely went looking for the penalty but there was contact so I can see why it was given.

The disallowed goal, I don't think there was enough of anything on Raya, definitely should have counted for Bournemouth.

Rice put it to bed with a great goal, but what a finish by big Gabi! Take away the shitty decisions and it should have finished 2-1 to Arsenal, so still the right result at the end of the day. Reffing is still atrocious across the board.

• Like 1

Agree it should have been a booking, but the pundits were harsh on the ref considering he didn't have 14 replays to see it and decide. I don't think the decisions sway the game (the pen is a pen, much as it's horrible to see the leaving a leg), but if Arsenal scored that it wouldn't have been disallowed.

1 minute ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Well it would appear barring something really unforeseen that Forest are going to stay up.

If not for the points deduction, they'd be safe now. This takes a lot of pressure off, though.

I'm happy to see Ryan Yates score his first Premier League goal. He's a homegrown player who also had a great loan spell at Notts County.

City now only scored one less than us. 

Yes, I’m still hanging my hopes on them drawing one, winning the rest with us also winning our final two games. 

It’ll go down to GD first obviously - which ours is currently 6 better though at least. 

Man City vs West Ham on the final day might finally be that elusive Premier League 10-0 scoreline

• Haha 1

Tidy.

Will be salty if Spurs continue to spurs and Newcastle finish 5th after missing out on that 5th UCL spot (in large part due to our/Man U's failure to progress to the knock outs).

I feel sly on Moyes. I get West Ham fans wanna progress more and want to play a better style of play, but he's done a really good job with that squad. 

But then I do get that maybe things have gotten stale and samey and that a refresh might be needed

• Like 1

If your goal is to be what West Ham have basically been the last few years then you can stick with Moyes for awhile longer. If you want to try taking a leap into more consistent European contention you have to try something else.

Lopetegui is probably not that something else.