Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

30 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

In a way it's a marvel how massively someone can fuck up by using the word "other" in a place it doesn't belong.

Thing is that this is likely more than a simple slip-up of language. Tyler is already well-known as a Man Utd fan and Liverpool fans have long said he has an agenda against them. Equating Hillsborough to hooliganism so easily just shows he probably does have that ingrained ill-feeling towards Liverpool and making claims like that, indirectly or not, on a national broadcast when his job is to commentate on the biggest games in the world every week is downright dangerous.

• Like 3

What annoys me is the complete lack of challenge to those words after they were said. Its only come about because of the rightful uproar and then his apology is half arsed and isn't even done directly by him it's by the BBC. 

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

Thing is that this is likely more than a simple slip-up of language. Tyler is already well-known as a Man Utd fan and Liverpool fans have long said he has an agenda against them. Equating Hillsborough to hooliganism so easily just shows he probably does have that ingrained ill-feeling towards Liverpool and making claims like that, indirectly or not, on a national broadcast when his job is to commentate on the biggest games in the world every week is downright dangerous.

Oh sure, I've no doubt it's completely indicative. It's just fascinating how one tiny word completely changes the implication of the sentence.

To be honest without knowing of any agenda (I rarely hear him commentate these days) I can understand it just being clumsy. It's really bad, but there's a pause in there that does separate it slightly, though as Stoker says the "other" is what causes the damage. I don't know if it's just a slip up, I'd like to hope so, but either way it's clearly time for him to take a step back.

Since today kicks off the league, here's predictions I expect to end up disastrously wrong!

Spoiler

1. Liverpool 
2. Man City
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal 
5. Chelsea 
6. West Ham 
7. Man United
8. Aston Villa 
9. Wolves
10. Crystal Palace 
11. Newcastle 
12. Leicester 
13. Brighton 
14. Southampton 
15. Nottingham Forest 
16. Brentford 
17. Leeds
18. Everton
19. Fulham 
20. Bournemouth

1 hour ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Since today kicks off the league, here's predictions I expect to end up disastrously wrong!

Hide contents

1. Liverpool 
2. Man City
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal 
5. Chelsea 
6. West Ham 
7. Man United
8. Aston Villa 
9. Wolves
10. Crystal Palace 
11. Newcastle 
12. Leicester 
13. Brighton 
14. Southampton 
15. Nottingham Forest 
16. Brentford 
17. Leeds
18. Everton
19. Fulham 
20. Bournemouth

Seems an interesting thing to do might just throw mine in for some.

Spoiler

1. Manchester City

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Manchester United

7. West Ham United

8. Newcastle United

9. Leicester City

10. Wolves

11. Crystal Palace

12. Aston Villa

13. Brighton

14. Leeds United

15. Nottingham Forest

16. Everton

17. Southampton 

18. Fulham 

19. Brentford 

20. Bournemouth 

Joining in on the prediction-me-dos:

Spoiler
1 Man City
2 Liverpool
3 Spurs
4 Arsenal
5 Chelsea
6 Man Utd
7 West Ham
8 Brighton
9 Newcastle
10 Aston Villa
11 Leicester
12 Crystal Palace
13 Wolves
14 Everton
15 Brentford
16 Leeds
17 S'hampton
18 Forest
19 Bournemouth
20 Fulham

19 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Sky going the badge route for their scoreboard for the first time ever. Feels like old school PES.

I like it.

Arsenal have made a really bright start. Jesus looks like he could make a real difference if he is on form this year.

• Like 1

Arsenal have been shocking the second half but I can't understand how Xhaka gets booked for diving yet Eze got away with any even more blatant dive scot free.

Urghhhhhhh. We had like a ten minute spell of looking decent. Fair play Fulham have played well. 

Annoying to concede but hopefully this will force us to wake up