Champions League 2014/15

DFF

Oh Brendan, you talk such shit...

No, it is not a strong team. Yes, you are forfeiting this match.

Piss away your Champions League matches so that you can concentrate on getting Top 4 so that you can piss away more Champions League matches in the future. Have some fucking self respect.

• Like 5

I'm sure he'll pick his strongest possible 11 against Basel and Ludogorets. He picked his best team available against Real at Anfield and they got smashed. There's every chance that could happen tonight regardless, plus there's a big game to come on Saturday.

It's not for everyone, but I get it.

Tbf to Rodgers, the team he's picked has a lot of energy in it and should be able to deal with Madrid passing the ball around. Although it's not the strongest with key players missing the midfield three of Allen and Can can get about the pitch more with Lucas sitting deep and the front three of Borini, Markovic and Lallana can press high up the pitch.

Still think we'd get tonked like but I can see why he's picked the team he has. It's risky and can bite us in the arse if we don't get the wins against Basel and Ludogorets.

Yes, that front three looks world class

Didn't say they were world class. But they are gonna run a lot more then Balotelli or Lambert would.

Yes, that front three looks world class

Didn't say they were world class. But they are gonna run a lot more then Balotelli or Lambert would.

Maybe, but it feels like a forward line that Sunderland, Stoke, Villa or Palace would put out in a few years time. Maybe not Lllanana, but maybe if he damages his ACL or something.

Dont know if I get the "rested for Chelsea" argument. Can professional sportsmen not compete twice in a week?

Tyldesley just said, "it's a far from one sided game". I turned it on 22 minutes ago Clive and it's looked pretty one sided to me.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind
  • Like 1

Oh Brendan, you talk such shit...

No, it is not a strong team. Yes, you are forfeiting this match.

Piss away your Champions League matches so that you can concentrate on getting Top 4 so that you can piss away more Champions League matches in the future. Have some fucking self respect.

That's your hypothesis anyway. Doesn't make it the case.

I'm sure he'll pick his strongest possible 11 against Basel and Ludogorets. He picked his best team available against Real at Anfield and they got smashed. There's every chance that could happen tonight regardless, plus there's a big game to come on Saturday.

It's not for everyone, but I get it.

+1 for Baddar.

They've played well for a second choice team thus far. People get on Lazar Markovic's back but he's only 20 and playing in something like his third different league already? He's got potential. Manquillo has only about 20 first team games under his belt.

This Liverpool team is fairly young but it's got talent in it. You'd expect it to grow over time.

Improvement compared to the home game.

Thought we've done alright, I mean Madrid are very comfortable when they are on the ball but we've managed to defend to a decent standard and Mignolet has had a good game. If we were to use 3 subs this game I'd use Henderson, Coutinho and Sterling just because of the fact that they can press and have good stamina and energy compared to Gerrard or Balotelli.

Hopefully in an ideal world we can manage to knick one on the counter or a set piece.