Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

Had a free ticket to see Peterborough vs Walsall, have been on the phone to the club for a refund since. Terrible game.

At least the positive is that Stevenage won and are still pushing for the playoffs. Really didn't expect this season to go that well so here's hoping they kick on. Nice to sneak another year in League One.

Colchester win again! May escape relegation after all.

Not at our expense you won't

Could be at the expense of a number of teams. Crazy tight down the bottom of League One.

Colchester win again! May escape relegation after all.

Not at our expense you won't

Could be at the expense of a number of teams. Crazy tight down the bottom of League One.

Hehe, tight bottom

• Admin

Gary Caldwell has been appointed as the new manager of Wigan Athletic. The Championship strugglers sacked Malky Mackay on Monday and have moved quickly to replace him. "Wigan Athletic are delighted to announce that club captain Gary Caldwell has been appointed as the new manager of the club on a permanent contract," read a club statement.

Ricardo Moniz is the latest manager through Notts County's revolving door. Considering the clubs he's been at so far, this is an intriguing appointment, and for what it's worth, he's usually given jobs with large clubs on Football Manager. With relegation looming, however, I'm a little concerned about his lack of knowledge of the lower leagues, especially at this perilous stage of the season, and I have to wonder if this is a sign that the club has all but accepted relegation and is trying to start from scratch in League Two next season. What's more, I've been accustomed to things like this going wrong very quickly, so I'll default to a pessimistic standpoint until I'm proven wrong.

I expected Notts County to go down before Moniz came in and now, I'm almost sure of it. Lot of teams down there though.

We've been unluckily edged out 3-2 by Sheffield United tonight, which is much better than being embarrassingly awful against Bradford on Good Friday, but our season is over and this set of players and particularly the coaching staff need to take a long, hard look at why we're going to finish in midtable.

Been half watching this game. Don't really care that much about either team but it's nice to see Charlie Daniels doing well.

In other news, our player Andrea Dossena got nicked for shoplifting. What a fucking tit.

• Admin
The Football League has announced its three-man shortlist for the Young Player of the Year award.
This nominees for this year's award, which covers players in all three Football League divisions, are Dele Alli (Milton Keynes Dons), Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough) and Nathan Redmond (Norwich City).
The winner will be announced on Sunday at the 10th annual Football League Awards.